Gday From Down Under.

Guest CstCare

Guest CstCare

Gday all, I come from a small town on the South Coast of NSW in Australia. I am owned by 2 Adopted Greyhounds and 1 rescued Lurcher. I helped with fostering for a short time and have been involved in rescue but due to time and location have been unable to help recently.

6201178943_198a8bd104.jpg

Flickr

This is our very first Greyhound Poppy who we saved at a pound in Sydney. She was due to be euthanised at 10.30am and we got to the pound at 10am and took her home. She never raced as she was too slow when broken in. She has been with us for about 6 years now and is the boss of the family.

6205652334_75c625dbc5.jpg

Flickr

This is Nessie who came to us as a foster after she point blank refused to chase when sent to be broken in. She was sent twice to be schooled but refused to participate. When a family became interested in her my wife could not let her go and she has been on our couch for the last 4 years. She is the most docile sleepy sweet Grey I have ever come into contact with.

268060_2236782844130_1384756353_32532707_3278558_n.jpg

This is Stella our Lurcher, she was found abandoned as a puppy and was taken to the local pound. We saw her online and my wife got that feeling and we have had her for about 5 years now. She is the most active of the bunch and enjoys running in the bush.

I look forward to participating on this forum and looking at all the wonderful photos.

Edited by CstCare

Welcome from NJ! They are all gorgeous.

I have a thing for fuzzies, and oh my, Stella..... :beatheart

Pam with Sockem the GH, Birdie the JRT, Osorno the chocolate lab, and Shelby the shepherd mix. Missing Clarice (1991-2007) and Lily (2004-2012), always in our hearts.

Guest CstCare

Welcome from NJ! They are all gorgeous.

I have a thing for fuzzies, and oh my, Stella..... :beatheart

Thank you, yes stella is my fuzzy wuzzy. She was super cute as a young dog as well.

216859_1008935708719_1384756353_30017802_9008_n.jpg

207991_1008935388711_1384756353_30017795_6720_n.jpg

Edited by CstCare

Welcome!

Great stories on all your hounds!!

And yes, I agree, Stella is a real looker. But I am in awe of Nessie's coat - I've never seen those markings on a hound before....she is stunning!

I wouldn't leave out Poppy, and who could? She's got such a cute face and lasting impression.

Enjoy GT!

Doe's Bruciebaby Doe's Bumper

Derek

Follow my Ironman journeys and life with dogs, cats and busy kids: A long road

Welcome from the home of the Kentucky Derby! Your hounds are beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really enjoyed reading about them and wish I could hug them. I have an Aussie boy myself! His name is Gilly Boy, his dad is Addis Boy & mom Media Frenzy. I adopted him this past summer. His mom had been imported to Canada while he was in utero which is where he was born. He is black, very laid back and is a wonderful dearly loved houndie. Hope you enjoy GT. It is a tremendous resourse for a greyhound owner in additional to the many wonderful folks to share the wonder and magic of greyhounds with.

Guest FijiHound

Hi there neighbour!

Well kinda... :lol

Nugget is from Victoria and flew all the way to Fiji at the beginning of February to be with me :colgate

(Wish I could get another - stupid money to pay for stupid pet air travel :rolleyes: )

Welcome to GT! Lovely pack o' three you have. Looking forward to hearing more about them and seeing more photos.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Hi from not-so-sunny VIC!

I may have to make a midnight run to NSW and steal Stella :wub:

Hi there neighbour!

Nugget is from Victoria and flew all the way to Fiji at the beginning of February to be with me :colgate

(Wish I could get another - stupid money to pay for stupid pet air travel :rolleyes: )

DH and I want to go back to Fiji in the next year os so... Want me to sneak on in my suitcase? :gmark

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers

Guest FijiHound

Hi from not-so-sunny VIC!

I may have to make a midnight run to NSW and steal Stella :wub:

Hi there neighbour!

DH and I want to go back to Fiji in the next year os so... Want me to sneak on in my suitcase? :gmark

YES PLEASE!!! :confetti

And since it's you AND your DH I'm sure you can sneak one in EACH suitcase :clap:D

Welcome from Central Illinois, US.

Oh my what beautiful houndies!

I have a pack of three also and it is only $$$ that keeps me from having a dozen!

Gotta tell ya, Australia is on my bucket list!

:welcome2

Welcome from Maryland, USA!!

Are you anywhere near Bega? I had friends who used to live there - I got to visit!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Guest CstCare

Welcome from Maryland, USA!!

Are you anywhere near Bega? I had friends who used to live there - I got to visit!

Gday, yeah Bega is a bit further South from here and is a lovely farming town.

Guest Mom2Shiloh

Welcome from Rhode Island! You do have a stunning pack -- my fuzzy isn't as Fuzzy as yours :D Callan is a Staghound, but he was the smoothest coated of his litter so, while his brothers are all Very fuzzy -- he's just got enough fur to make him cuddle-able (no, that's not a real word).

Great collection of pictures-- which we love -- so thank you for that. Look forward to more pictures and stories, it's a great community here and I hope you enjoy it :)