Freya

Guest suzanne

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 She did indeed blossom in your care. I wish she could have stayed longer.

Godspeed Freya.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest FreddyGirl

What a gift she was. She will be taking care of your mam, she is where she is needed.

Run pain free Sweet Freya, a girl who knew how to wear pearls. :f_pink

Now, that is special. :angelwings

What a beautiful tribute to Freya. She certainly had a wonderful life under your care. Since she is with mam she is just fine and well taken care of again. I am truly sorry of your losses so close together. It is hard enough to deal with one loss. Looking at the picture of when you first got her and the pictures as she blossomed in your wonderful care. Thank you for taking such wonderful care of her.

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

Your special girl! What a gift she was, and the time she was able to share with your mom was obviously something very meaningful to her. Watching her come into her own, becoming a happy healthy dog, having adventures, and sharing those good times is extra special when she came to you in such rough shape. Her big heart just wouldn't be polluted by her past, but shone through like the star she was.

My heart goes out to you in your loss. In time, I hope the joy of your time together can smooth the harsh pain of her passing.

:bighug :bighug :bighug

I can't say it any better than Xan just did. I'm very sorry...what a beautiful girl your Freya was. She's with your Mom now.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

I'm so sorry for the loss of your special sweetheart. What a beauty wearing her pearls!

Godspeed, Freya.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so sorry for your loss of sweet Freya. Your tribute to her was very beautiful, and although her time with you was very short, I'll bet it was the best time of her life.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

My deepest condolences to you for your loss. :grouphug She was very lucky to share her final months with you, being cherished and spoiled. A true Princess, indeed. :beatheart

Godspeed, sweet Freya... :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

gosh, I am SO sorry you lost BOTH your Mam and your baby girl!!!! I agree that she must have known she was needed to help your Mam in the hereafter. :cry1 :cry1

sending many, many hugs to you, Suzanne!!! :grouphug:cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

How wonderful for Freya to have such a loving family and so much joy her last months. The best gift you could have given her.

I'm so sorry for your loss. My first greyhound died shortly after my father's death. :grouphug

Edited by EllenEveBaz

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

I''m so very sorry for your loss, and so soon after your mother. :( But knowing how much you graced each other's lives just makes my heart leap! Thank you for sharing her story and pictures. You gave her the best time of her life. :grouphug

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Thankyou so much to everyone who added to this thread. Your words were a huge comfort to me and I will show them to my partner someday soon and I bet the same will be true for him. We miss our girl so much. We will receive her ashes in a week or two and maybe we'll feel better then. We're lucky to have so many million wonderful memories.