Four Years Ago Today

Pippin

Tribute Video

Angie came into my life when I went to Dee's house to adopt a black retired broodmama. As Dee was introducing me to the other dogs, she said "This one's Angela." Angie got off her dog-bed and walked over to me. I knelt down, and she looked deep into my eyes. Then she licked my chin, and went back to her dog-bed where she stayed the rest of the time I was there.

I met the dog that I had gone to adopt, and she was wonderful, but she wasn't the one for me. I had already been chosen. Angie chose me when she licked my chin.

Because she chose me,

I have experienced the adaptability of an "old" dog as she learned new tricks.

Because she chose me,

I have learned how much love I can feel for another being.

Because she chose me,

I have experienced the joy of her behavior changing over the years

from aloof to affectionate.

Because she loved me,

she adapted to unstructured routines and routine absences.

Because she loved me,

she accepted the other dogs I brought into our home,

and let them share the space in my heart.

Because I loved her,

there were new beds at Christmas, and no walks longer than her aging legs could handle.

Because I loved her,

there were nights spent on the couch with interruptions every few hours.

Because I loved her,

there were home-cooked meals and special treats, and fewer nights away from home.

Because she loved me,

she stood up for me, balancing on tired legs to show me she was ok

and I could leave on my business trip with a clear conscience.

Because I loved her, I let her go.

My heart is breaking

because I couldn't be there at the end, but it was time to let go,

and I had promised her I would,

because I loved her.

And because I loved her and she loved me,

she will run forever in my heart,

Because she chose me.

-mvy 9/1/07-

21220874.jpg

127916867.jpg

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

So beautiful :wub: .

Rest well, precious.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

You are most blessed to have her in your heart. No question that she will be with you foever. The video and music were simply outstanding- so very moving.:grouphug It truly showed her lovely personality and the love she has for you in her eyes.. Thank you for sharing her with us! :f_pink

A beautiful tribute, Mary.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Your tribute brought tears to my eyes. No words can express how I feel. You two were definitely each others gift.

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb

That was a wonderful tribute to a beautiful girl.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest dragontearz

Great tribute..the "Because I loved her" and "she chose me" parts have me sitting here crying..very lovely, and I'm sorry for your loss.

Edited by dragontearz

:grouphug :grouphug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I remember beautiful Angie :grouphug

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I remember beautiful Angie :grouphug

She's as unforgettable as Loca, I think. :)

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

Beautiful tribute and pictures (I couldn't view the video for some reason) :grouphug .

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Beautiful tribute and pictures (I couldn't view the video for some reason) :grouphug .

It's a windows media video, and as far as I know, it only works in windows media player.

Thanks - I have just watched the video with some assistance from DH - very moving, beautiful music and the words are just perfect :grouphug .

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Mary, I can't believe it's been 4 years already. Angela was a beauty and special to me, as you know, having Yopon Alan Wag. The video was greyt, I needed a good cry. How time flies. I hope the special bushes and trees are doing well. Hugs.

Mary, I can't believe it's been 4 years already. Angela was a beauty and special to me, as you know, having Yopon Alan Wag. The video was greyt, I needed a good cry. How time flies. I hope the special bushes and trees are doing well. Hugs.

Good to see you, Susan!