Weeeeee Got Her!

Guest SteveO

Guest SteveO

Atascocita Grace is her full name. She goes by Grace. She came from FL through Heather of CO to John and Connie of 2nd Chance Greyhounds in Draper, Ut where we also live and she's home with us now.

Let's get to the pictures!

First few minutes of meeting at 2nd Chance.

She weighs 57 pounds...so not a big girl at all.

maybeypondandgracegotch.jpg

Mug shot.

The ride home. Cheese!

Great passenger manners.

Holy Houndies! she's got BAT EARS!

After a brief walk-about the house she picked up her brand new stuffie to our surprise. It was the squeaky in it that got her attention.

And then.....what a shock! She tossed it straight up while shaking it and I pressed the shutter. I was totally unexpecting this stunt the first hour home.

We're all VERY excited to welcome Grace into our family and home. Thanks, John! We've got a keeper!

Steve, Shelly, Anson, Jenna, Emma and Grace

What a beauty! Those ears! And she sure settled right in--how awesome that she's playing already! Wishing you many many many years of happiness together.

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

Guest SteveO

Thanks! everyone so far. The group that came in with her included a brindle (my first color choice) and 3 blacks. The brindle was on the young side at 2 yrs and we were fairly sure on getting a houndie with less puppy in her so color took the back seat to maturity. Grace turned 4 in May. I'll be looking into her ear tatts, pedigree and racing history this coming week. More photos for sure and for certain. I gotta build a signature! Right now she's snoozing on her bed in the living room.

We bought two beds from cosco the kirkland brand that smell of cedar. She sniffed them and would only lay near it. I put one of my old antique cotton stuffed quilts on top of it and now she's right on top of it.

Today we had a rare thunder boomer and she flinched and walked away a few steps at the big crashes but coming from FL was most likely exposed to very frequent T-Storms. Thunder is somewhat rare in this part of UT (high mountain desert).

We defeated the low wooden garage stairs with beach towels after balking several times. The concrete man-door stair were no problemo! I tried the leg lift on the wooden ones and the back door trex steps but she shivered and statued on me. Two hours later the girls took her out back for some air and I called her in. She trotted right up the 8 steps to come inside. Lots of big praises with that feat!

Hopefully, as she comes out of her shell and settles in we'll get to see who she really is and wants to be without the anxiety and trepidation of having crossed the country and changed homes. Her loyalty seems to be coming out already as she'll stand steady beside me and touch her flank to my leg. fingers crossed, hopes high, and patience in full on mode!

Steve

This made me smile this morning. Gracie is going to settle in beautifully with your wonderful family. Thanks for sharing her with us and enjoy every minute of getting to know each other. :colgate

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

:confetti Congratulations to all of you! Welcome home, Grace! :confetti

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Congratulations on your new home, Grace. What a beautiful girl you are!

May the rest of your life be full of love, soft beds, yummy food, squeaky stuffies, and happy butt-tuck zoomies. :)

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

Congrats on your beautiful new girl!!

:confetti

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest IrskasMom

Steve this is awsome . Grace hit the Jackpot to be adopted and welcomed to your Family. Congratulation's :confetti:confetti:confetti another Success Story. Now we want to see more Pictures :clap:clap:clap