Jacey's At The Er

I have volunteer donors here, too, if I need them. I'll talk to the ER vet. Maybe I could get a price break if one of the volunteers donated a replacement?

I just applied for Care Credit--easy peasy. I'm just hoping I don't have to use a bunch of it. I'm printing out the form for that and the claims forms for VPI. Both dogs have preventive coverage with VPI. They were at their vet for routine bloodwork last Tuesday--it seems a lifetime ago--and I need to submit those claims.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest goofydog

I am sooo glad Jacey let you know she still has some fight left in her! Many more prayers for your sweet girl.

How is Sam holding up?

How is Sam holding up?

He seems a little more subdued today.

6070689169_b81246cabe.jpg

Granted, it's hard to tell with him. He's generally a very laid-back boy.

But he's no longer fussing at me when I come home after leaving him alone--as if he's accepted the idea that he'll be left alone a lot. (Don't get too comfortable, lad.) He's getting odd snacks (leftovers after I fix stuff for Jacey). And I'm coming and going at odd hours, serving his meals at strange times. But he's taking it pretty much in stride.

P.S. I know he looks awfully skinny, but his weight actually was higher at the vet last Tuesday. And the number of ribs that show depends on whether you snap the pic when he's inhaling or exhaling.

Edited by KF_in_Georgia

darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Guest Adrianne

Wow, your post about your visit this morning gave me goosebumps. I'm so glad she gave you the sign that she wants to keep fighting. More good thoughts and prayers coming your way.

Jacey is an amazing girl. Keep fighting, sweetheart. Holding you both close to my heart and in my prayers.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest dobiegrey

Jacey is amazing and so are you!! Please keep fighting as long as you feel you can and we will continue to keep you in our hearts and prayers.

Lou

It's over. We lost.

She was much worse tonight. We could have waited until morning, hoping the transfusion would work a miracle. But I couldn't see putting her through that. They had given her pain meds earlier (her abdomen was sensitive when they examined her). But I thought of her later tonight, with the pain meds wearing off, and her waiting for me to come in so they could do what needed to be done. I couldn't make her hang on until morning.

She had started developing other complications (vasculitis and DIC), and after three and a half days of really aggressive treatment, she wasn't better and in many ways was worse. And the machine platelet count of 38,000 today was wrong; when the tech did the manual count, he got 17,000. So I held her in my arms and they gave her two shots: one to put her to sleep and the other to stop her heart.

I'm sorry the ER vets never got to see a Jacey-smile.

I'll post later in Remembrance.

Guest dobiegrey

Oh my heart is broken!! I know yours is more, you tried so hard, you did the best you could do and so did your girl. She was so young, but sometimes that just doesn't matter, when something goes wrong, it goes wrong. I am so very sorry, I was really hoping for a good outcome as I know all of us on Greytalk were, but sometimes it is just not meant to be. Big hugs for you and run free beautiful girl, she is feeling wonderful now....

I'm so very sorry. Godspeed Jacey :f_pink

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Damn it!

I've been reading all this and just praying and praying for a good outcome.

Run free sweet girlie! You were loved by many.

Pam

GPA-Tallahassee/Southeastern Greyhound Adoption

"Fate is unalterable only in the sense that given a cause, a certain result must follow, but no cause is inevitable in itself, and man can shape his world if he does not resign himself to ignorance." Pearl S. Buck

So sad, I am just so sad to read this. You both did your best but it was time to say goodbye. I wish very much it could have been different. Kathy, I am so very sorry. You took Jacey's pain & made it your own, giving her freedom. Such a loving act but oh so hard on those left behind.

Run free, dear Jacey, on legs may well & swift again.

Oh no. You and she fought so very hard. I'm so sorry it wasn't meant to be. Godspeed, beautiful girl. :f_pink

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

I'm sorry! :bighug

run pain free Jacey :gh_run

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

This is so heartbreaking. You both fought so hard...I am truly sorry.

Run free Jacey, run free sweetie...:gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.