Kassie Has A Puffy Neck

Once again I don't know why my dogs can't catch a break! Last night Kassie didn't want to lift her head, she seemed like she had hurt her neck somehow (which I thought she did when she went after the cat) I took her collar off and massaged the back of her neck and John massaged it later. This morning I noticed she had a puffy pouch under her neck behind the jaw. She is going to the vet this afternoon at 3PM, I just hope it's nothing serious. :(

UPDATE

Lymph nodes are fine. The vet is treating her with Clavamox and Chlorpheniramine. If it doesn't look better by Friday she'll have to go back. I'm hoping it will clear up and it was just a bug bite.

2998705480038196329S600x600Q85.jpg

Edited by NancyB

Nancy with Rocket, Umeko and Sasha

gallery_151_3099_2018.jpg

Missing Albi, Kassie, Ramm, Ruby, my good boy Marvin and Mickey (BT)

NANCY B'S COLLARS

Oh my goodness, poor thing! Keep us posted!

Sara formerly on Greytalk as Mommyof3
Gone, but still part of our family and always in our hearts:
Bruiser Isa Comander To 6/23/91-11/20/03 Sandy NSK Special Up 10/19/89-6/13/04 Beau Bdk's Boo Boo 1/1/93-12/15/06 Cooney Lars Dbltakedean 11/1/93-1/23/07
Buddy 2/9/1997-11/16/09 Joe Elkhart Joe 11/7/99-12/2/10 Alex Streakin Diablo 4/17/02-4/1/11 Brother Hylife Brother 9/26/97-2/28/12

Comanche Gil's Comanche 6/7/2005-11/7/2015 Molly 4/8/2011-4/13/2018

Hope it is not serious. Please keep us posted.

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb

Looks like you're under the same dark cloud we've been under with the dogs.

Hoping it's nothing serious.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Are you sure when she 'went after the cat' that the cat did not bite her?!?!?

This looks like an abcess from a cat bite.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Sending gentle, healing thoughts for Kassie. It looks like an abscess to me, but I certainly do not have any medical expertise to make that call! Is the swollen area hard or soft? Does it feel like it's filled with anything? I am sure the vet will get it figured out and she will be on the mend in no time.

The only time I've seen something similar was when Bauer had an infected tonsil:

sick002.jpg

They did exploratory surgery, found the infection - cleaned it out, added a drain and a round of ATBs and he was fine. I hope it's something straightforward!

With Buster Bloof (UCME Razorback 89B-51359) and Gingersnap Ginny (92D-59450). Missing Pepper, Berkeley, Ivy, Princess and Bauer at the bridge.

Guest KennelMom

We've seen similar symptoms from an inflamed salivary gland and a (tiny!) neck puncture wound....

Hope it's nothing serious!!

My gosh Nancy you guys just can't catch a break can you? I hope that the antibiotics do the trick and Kassie is feeling better soon, poor punkin.

PS - Rocket is so cute! We need to see more pictures of all of your babies :)

How is Albi doing? (off to see if you've updated his thread lately)...

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest Whistle

Motto had very similar symptoms last year (golf ball sized knot in the same spot on the neck). We saw a surgeon who did a fine-needle aspiration and biopsy. It turned out to be an inflamed lymph node and cleared up with antibiotics. Fingers crossed it will be easily treatable.

Oh Nancy....I hope she feels better very soon...you deserve a break!

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Nancy, I hope medication helps Kassie soon. You and your hounds deserve a break.

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

Oh no, poor Kassie! Hope the antibiotics do their thing and the infection is killed quickly.

:goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day.