Kebo Is Finally Home. 3 Weeks Postop And Looking Good.

Guest greytkidsmom

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"He sounds like Darth Vader when he breathes."

The better to LOVE. Think of him as a Chinese Shar Pei, they breath that way also. Our Shar Pei snored so loud he would wake my husband up.

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

WOW!!! I think he looks awesome after the surgery he went through. Will he always have the snaggles or is that just the swelling or healing process? It never ceases to amaze me what these vets can do. Nothing but good wishes for a speedy recovery and if snags are the result, he'll be an even better looking boy for it!!!!

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

I am so glad Kebo is home. Boy he does look much better than I thought he would look so soon after surgery.

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

Guest greytkidsmom

Will he always have the snaggles or is that just the swelling or healing process?

He will always have the snaggles. Once the swelling goes down, we will have to watch to see if they rub the outside of his muzzle. (They actually had one of the dentists look at him before he left.) If they rub too badly, he will have to go see the dentist about something to either file them down or remove them.

The funny thing (sort of) is that we have one dog with a big overbite so now with Kebo's underbite we have a matched pair :)

He is eating and drinking like a champ. He has emptied his bowl at every meal and taking all of his medicines. He even tolerates the warm compresses well. He hasn't shown any signs of stress colitis like he had after the first surgery. I hope the rest of his recovery continues to be so smooth. We live 2 blocks from our church so we walked him over this morning for a blessing just to cover all of the bases :)

The other interesting thing is that Tiel has stopped sniffing his mouth. She has been obsessed with sniffing his mouth for months. They say that some dogs can smell cancer. DH and I wonder if that was what she had been smelling. Of course, it could just be coincidence but we hope that it means they got it all out.

Edited by greytkidsmom

Will he always have the snaggles or is that just the swelling or healing process?

He will always have the snaggles. Once the swelling goes down, we will have to watch to see if they rub the outside of his muzzle. (They actually had one of the dentists look at him before he left.) If they rub too badly, he will have to go see the dentist about something to either file them down or remove them.

The funny thing (sort of) is that we have one dog with a big overbite so now with Kebo's underbite we have a matched pair :)

Hopefully he'll adjust to the snaggles without any adjustments....Kevin was born with his so I don't know too much about the newly acquired ones. If you are anything like me, you will learn to love that look....I can't look at Kevin without smiling.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

I think we've all come up with very tactful and interesting ways to say the same thing--wow; not as bad as I was afraid he'd look! Kebo, sweetie, you look wonderful. Keep up that eating and healing.

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

• 2 weeks later...
Guest greytkidsmom

His handsomeness on postoperative day 10...

p1018122079-4.jpg

Kebo is feeling pretty good I think. His nose is looking more and more like, well, a nose.

He continues to be insulted by the e-collar but he swats at his nose when he gets it off.

He eats all of his food and his poops are back to normal.

I called yesterday about his path because I hadn't heard and they called me back with the most cryptic report. It might have been the ambien I had taken and was asleep (working nights) but she said it might be fibrosarcoma but it might be something else benign and that it is going to take another week to determine if they got margins.

We get his stitches out tomorrow and I had NC State fax the report to my vet so we could read it and maybe make some sense out of it.

Hugs to Kebo!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

He looks fabulous, and so glad to hear he is feeling well! Hope that path report comes back "nothing to worry about here."

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest greytkidsmom

Stitches out today - yay!

He still has to wear the "cone of shame" as the incision continues to heal.

The pathology report is only the soft tissue, not the bone. The bone report will take another week. It is the bone report that will tell if they got wide margins. However, the soft tissue report has a lot of words but most importantly "no obvious signs of neoplasia." That means they don't see any cancer cells in the soft tissue. The vet said she sees this a lot when she has to repeat a resection and it is a good thing. I agree. Just have to wait for one more report...

Unfortunately, our vet just told us she was moving :( We will see another vet in the same practice who has seen each of the dogs a couple of times for semi-urgent issues. She is super smart and really nice so we should be in good hands. Our vet does not seem happy about the move so I don't think we've seen the end of her...

Will post more pictures over the weekend when I have a little more time.

He looks wonderful!

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Well that sounds great so far. Keep up the good work you gorgeous hunk of dog. blush.gifsmile.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Poor Baby, It looks like it is very painful. Many Many prayers for a quick recovery.... And gentle hugs and kisses too... :hope:getwell:grouphug:kiss2

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Looking forward to more updates as he heals.

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)