Tiny (El Tiny)

GreytNut

Tiny was the most colorful dog I ever knew. He lived through being mauled by his mother as a puppy and was the only survivor from his litter. He was bounced from his first home and did time in the prison dog program. The inmates adored him and showed it by stuffing him full of bread. When he first came home he was grotesquely obese (around 130 lbs.) and gasped for air just walking to the car. He would snatch food from my plate and had space aggression. Raven was terrified of him. He would nit--hard--in his excitement, so much so that he frightened people.

But he loved to please and wanted to be a part of the family. He lost weight and got fit after a tough-love program of limited rations and being chased around the yard. At his peak he was a fit 94 lbs. (Tiny was not tiny at all). He learned to lie down and wait for his meals. He learned that Raven was his friend and a great snuggle buddy. He learned that it was OK to be happy to see people, but not OK to hurt tender human skin. His tail was always wagging. He turned into a fantastic dog. In fact, he achieved perfection and maybe that's why he had to go. Stupid osteosarcoma.

His most prized possession was his basketball. He loved to "dribble" it around the yard with his paws. After he bit it too hard and punctured it, he loved it even more because he could pick up the partially-deflated ball and carry it.

000_1804.jpg

About a month after he came home... still on a weight-loss program and panting after a workout in the yard.

000_1855.jpg

Looking good!

IMG_28022.jpg

He was sweet and silly.

000_1867.jpg

000_36622.jpg

000_1956.jpg

IMG_8297_1.jpg

He stole strawberries right off the plant, plucking them as they reached the peak of ripeness. For the longest time I wondered where they were going.

IMG_0102.jpg

He loved zoomies.

IMG_8433_1.jpg

IMG_8434_1.jpg

000_2872_3.jpg

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't often comment on Remembrances but Tiny's eyes just got right to me. He is very, very handsome! I love his "sweet and silly" picture, as well as the one where he's lying the same way as Raven. I'm so sorry he had to go.

:f_red

SummerGreytalkSignatureResized-1.jpg

Lisa B.

My beautiful Summer - to her forever home May 1, 2010 Summer

Certified therapy dog team with St. John Ambulance

Guest tricolorhounds

So very sorry that Tiny had to leave you so soon... I'm sure he's got all the fresh sweet juicy strawberries he can eat waiting for him.

Guest FullMetalFrank

I am so sorry. Tiny wasn't tiny at all, he was larger than life. And what an amazing life he had with you. Godspeed, Tiny...

He had an amazing life with you, full of adventures. OS stole him away. :cry1 Godspeed, big boy... :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Tiny, your momma's stories about you truly captured my heart. I'm sorry you couldn't stay longer.

Godspeed, special boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

My heart is breaking for you. I'm so sorry. :grouphug

Godspeed Tiny. There is an unlimited supply of strawberries at the Bridge, baby. :gh_run

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I remember reading about him when you first adopted him. I'm so very sorry you had to say goodbye to your handsome boy. He was a character. Godspeed, Tiny.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

God Speed Tiny.

I am so sorry.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Kristen, I am very sorry that you had to let Tiny go.

Run free Tiny, run free of pain... :gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.