Welcome Singh!

Guest bonnebike

Guest bonnebike

We added Singh to our household Thursday (3/24) night. He is a tall, 2-year old who raced as "Singh is King"*. He raced 18 times and won only once. His last race was January 28th, the day after Pony died, so I wonder if there is an element of fate involved. We decided to keep his name. Singh is derived from a word for lion. We had a "Pony" so a "Lion" just makes sense.

So far things are going well. He is curious about our kitties, but nothing to concern us. He and Mary are working things out. She's trying to let him know what the limits are.

We were alerted to an issue with his weight. His race weight was 78 lbs, but when he was at the vet in Vancouver he weighed in at 69 lbs. His foster Mom was trying to fatten him up a bit and we've continued with the program. He was 74.6 lbs on Saturday, so he's on the right track. He's very food oriented and was a frantic eater at first, but he's calmed down quite a bit. He will now suffer through Mary picking at her own bowl without heroic restraint on our part.

There have been a couple of little accidents -- no big deal -- but he is a terrible counter cruiser. We have rearranged the kitchen (isn't open concept a great idea?) by moving things up or putting them in cupboards. The biggest loss so far is a broken butter dish.

He is a sweetie and is going to be a great addition to our family.

*It appears there is a Bollywood movie called "Singh is Kinng" (sic). Something we have to add to our list.

SinghFull-LG.jpg

His picture from the GPA-NW website.

IMAG0117.jpg

A walk with some Corvallis greyhound friends. Mary and Singh are wearing raincoats. Singh is on the far right.

IMAG0127.jpg

He has tested most of Mary's toys at this point.

IMAG0123.jpg

Cushions on the couch are a definite bonus.

IMG_2246.JPG

We are hoping he will start feeling at home real soon.

IMG_2246.JPG

We are hoping he will start feeling at home real soon.

:lol Good luck with that. Srsly, congratulations! Singh is stunning!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Oh I'm so glad he went somewhere I can see him every once in a while! He's simply stunning and I would have had a hard time keeping out of this house if our inn wasn't full. Hope to see you at some events if you make it up here to Portland.

Congrats all around!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Guest bonnebike

Oh I'm so glad he went somewhere I can see him every once in a while! He's simply stunning and I would have had a hard time keeping out of this house if our inn wasn't full. Hope to see you at some events if you make it up here to Portland.

Congrats all around!

One good thing about adopting from two different organizations (our other greys came from Homes for Hounds) is we have twice as many greyhound events to attend! We will have to try to make it up that way.

Wow, is he handsome! Congratulations!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

He is stunning and looks so relaxed :colgate Congratulations!!

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

Congratulations!

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest chimni

Good looking hound and a great name. I have Singh is Kinng on DVD - it's goofy and fun, and if you get a copy the bonus material has Snoop Dogg (?) rapping to the Punjabi beat!

Welcome home, Singh! Congratulations on your very handsome new boy!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Wow, what a gorgeous boy!! Welcome home, Singh!!!

:confetti

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France