Sara Is In Surgery Right Now

Guest Yankeegreyhound

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay Sara, wonderful update, will keep her in my prayers!

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

:colgate Way to go Sara, You are a fighter, such a wonderful update. Feel better soon little one so you can get home to Mom, Dad, Hailey, your big brother and the twins. Milk it for all it is worth, you'll soon have Mom, Dad, and M. wrapped around your paw, as if you don't already.;) Hugs and get well wishes from our gang back here in Il. Tell Mom, to check her home email. Edited by brbr

Guest Yankeegreyhound

Another update!!!

My parents went to visit her on Monday and I went last night. She's doing great!!! She's up and walking around every 2 hours! When I got there, she stood right up! I opened her cage to give her kisses and she tried to come out! Luckily, the doctor came in and helpe her out. I wasn't going to let her out of her cage without someone there. She's walking around nicely. On Monday they had a runner for her to walk on but yesterday, she was on the bare floor! She even tried to nudge me aside and escape out the partially opened door!

Since she is doing so well and up so much, the site is starting to swell and build up fluid so today, the vet is putting in a drain. She does it with a local so she won't be put out again. She said that Sara should be coming home on Saturday!!!

Even better news....they got the biopsy reports back . They sent 2 big pieces to be checked and, it's just a really nasty lipoma. The pathologist actually said he's never seen one so bad. It had a life of it's own and if we hadn't removed it, it definatley would have turned into cancer and gone into her lungs. The vet is sending one more piece to Cornell just to be sure but, so far, so good.

She's eating now. She just won't eat inside her cage so when they let her out every 2 hours, they offer her food and she's doing fine with it. At least they don't have to hand feed her anymore!

I didn't stay with her long yesterday because I could tell she was anxious and she kept trying to stand. I can't go see her today because she's getting the drain put in so, hopefully tomorrow. :colgate

Beautiful! What wonderful news. I am so glad it is going well so far. The path report must have been a huge relief. Go on the vet for running another check though. Hope the drain procedure goes well today & it does the trick to lessen the swelling. As for the eating, apparently she just doesn't like crumbs in her bed. :)

Excellent news!!!

I told you Sara was too tough to let something like losing a leg slow her down :lol

sig%20march%2015_zpsgicdhakq.jpg
Wingnut (DC Wingnut), Voo Doo (Voo Doo von Bonz), Barb (Myokie Barb) & Romey (Nose Stradamus)
at the bridge Molly (CM Blondie) 9/8/14, Maddy (Reuniting) 10/17/13, Rocky (Ranco Popeye) 1/7/12, Mimi (Flying Ringneck) 8/13/09 and RJ (RJ What For) 5/3/05

Great news on the path report! yay.gif And that Sara is doing so well - I bet they've fallen in love with her. wub.gif Hope we get to see pictures of her soon. smile.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest Yankeegreyhound

Great news on the path report! yay.gif And that Sara is doing so well - I bet they've fallen in love with her. wub.gif Hope we get to see pictures of her soon. smile.gif

i tried to post pictures but I couldn't do it. What do I have to do?? Do I put them in my profile??

i tried to post pictures but I couldn't do it. What do I have to do?? Do I put them in my profile??

You have to host them somewhere first (photobucket, flickr) & then use the little picture icon thingy to post the link. That's the way I do it anyway.

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest fringepup

Oh thank God she is doing so well and you caught it! I can't tell you how happy I was to read your latest update! She is one tough cookie and obviously misses you and her family. It sounds to me like it will be a wonderful homecoming on Saturday! Kiss that little girl for us next time you see her and tons of hugs to you from your Pennsylvania friends!

Edited by fringepup

Terrific news about the lipoma and that she's recovering so well!

As for the eating, apparently she just doesn't like crumbs in her bed.
:lol

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

You're a newbie, and I think there might be a limit on posting pictures until you have a certain number of posts on Greytalk...

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

if you want to email them to me, I can post them for you. I think you have my email?

sig%20march%2015_zpsgicdhakq.jpg
Wingnut (DC Wingnut), Voo Doo (Voo Doo von Bonz), Barb (Myokie Barb) & Romey (Nose Stradamus)
at the bridge Molly (CM Blondie) 9/8/14, Maddy (Reuniting) 10/17/13, Rocky (Ranco Popeye) 1/7/12, Mimi (Flying Ringneck) 8/13/09 and RJ (RJ What For) 5/3/05

yay.gif This is such wonderful news. I know the path report must have given you the relief that you did the right thing in choosing amputation. I too am looking forward to seeing pictures of her, especially action shots of her running. I think though unless your a community supporter on GT you can only post pictures in C & F, but would love to see them there.