It's Been One Week

Guest Tatum

It's been one week and I miss her and knew this would be one place that would understand. I still think, "oh I have to let Tatum out" or "I better get home to check on my girl" It's just for an instant that I think this but I realize her spirit is still here. Today I am finally getting around to washing her blankets and the coverings on her beds. We are slowly talking about getting a new rescue, but it wouldn't be fair yet as we are still so sad. I am also angry (another phase of grief). Damn cancer took her too soon. This afternoon we will be picking up her ashes. In the spring we plan to sprinkle some of them in the rose garden and the track she made around our flower gardens. The memorial I made of her has really helped with closure and gives me much comfort when I view it. If you haven't seen it here is the link:

My link

You'll want to turn on your speakers.

Thanks for reading,

Marilee

I am crying. What a beautiful tribute. Need to hug Samlur and let him know how much I love him.

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb

Guest chillychill1207

What a wonderful Video!!! :crying

I am in the process of doing a video as well. We lost my heart dog "Shep" a week before Christmas..... For me, arranging pictures etc... it helps. I hope making this has helped you too and you are able to remember the happy times. Its taking your sadness and turning it into a beautiful creative memory. Thanks for sharing.

:grouphug

Such a beautiful tribute to a beautiful girl. Hang in there, the pain does subside but you will always have Tatum close to you in your heart. I agree another rescue can and will help with the pain.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest IrskasMom

Marilee , I agree with Kyle. While the Pain is still so intense it's hard to think of something else and even of another Pup. As I can see,you have a lot of Love to give and another Pup might need your Love.Give it a little Time, you are not replacing Tatum . It could never be , but it eases the Pain . :):):)

Marilee :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug we do understand very well.

What a wonderful Video!!! :crying

I am in the process of doing a video as well. We lost my heart dog "Shep" a week before Christmas..... For me, arranging pictures etc... it helps. I hope making this has helped you too and you are able to remember the happy times. Its taking your sadness and turning it into a beautiful creative memory. Thanks for sharing.

:grouphug

Thanks Chillychill, you are so right! It was a labor of love for my first greyhound and in turn it gives us a lasting memorial.

Marilee

Marilee , I agree with Kyle. While the Pain is still so intense it's hard to think of something else and even of another Pup. As I can see,you have a lot of Love to give and another Pup might need your Love.Give it a little Time, you are not replacing Tatum . It could never be , but it eases the Pain . :):):)

Marilee :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug we do understand very well.

After we rescued Tatum we knew that we'd always have a grey in our house. Right now the house is way too quiet and my poor Eli (tiger cat) is really lonely as he also lost his brother last Spring. He keeps going around the house MEOWing really loud looking for Tatum. So precious.

It will be only a matter of a few more weeks...

Marilee

Such a lovely girl, and a perfect tribute to her.

Sending lots of hugs.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

That was such a lovely and moving tribute to your beautiful Tatum. It is so easy to see that she had a wonderful life with you filled with many happy moments to cherish. Tatum will always be in your heart and when you welcome a new greyhound into your home, you will see the circle of life that began with Tatum continue on in all the new adventures you will experience. In so many ways, her spirit will be right by your side.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy