Bandit

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So glad to hear the vet does not think the tumor is in the bone and that Bandit will not need to go under for the dental!! :yay

Did the vet not feel a biopsy of the mass was necessary? Would you not choose to remove it surgically if it were not benign? I don't know much about tissue masses in places like that so my questions may be totally irelevant. :rolleyes:

Either way, great news all around! Happy to hear it! :yay And :kiss2 for a quietly resting Bandit. He is a handsome boy. :wub:

Great news! I agree that perhaps a fine needle aspirate and review of the slide by an oncologist might be appropriate. In case you aren't aware, a fine needle aspirate of a soft tissue mass is typically done without any sedation (similar to receiving an injection). If it is malignant, catching it early might prevent the need for a surgery to remove it. Early on, it might be treatable with an injectible chemo. Also, if surgery is necessary, the smaller it is the more likely to get clean margins and still be able to suture the skin together. But then again, perhaps your vet thought it was very likely to be benign.

I am so happy for the news. I use Petzlife on my dogs. I use the salmon flavored gel (they do NOT like the peppermint at all and were very vocal about it when I mistakenly bought it). I just use my fingers to put it on. Initially I did twice a day. I brush with a toothpaste twice a week. For one of my 14 year old girls, it took about 3 weeks of petzlife until she would tolerate a toothbrush (her teeth were pretty bad).

Jane

Guest IrskasMom

Ducky , thats good News . I am Elated to say the Least. We are always here to listen and distribute Hugs and little Cookies for this Boy Bandit. :grouphug:dogcookie:grouphug

That's good news! I am so happy for Bandit and you.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest Energy11

Aw... GREAT news for your old boy, Ducky!

Keep us posted! And, of course ... sending ... lots of LOVE, HUGS AND PRAYERS your way! Love, Dee and The Five ... John too! :-)

Oh, that was much better than I dared hope! But, I would do a FNA as soon as possible. Sending prayers of healing and hugs of comfort.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Ah, Bandit, how your Mom loves you.

Hugs and prayers from the rest of us.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I've been following this thread with more than a little fear for the lovely Bandit - so glad to see that it isn't 'it'! Soft tissue masses can also be very bad, of course, but hopefully this one will either not grow any more, or it will be benign and not trouble him too much. :goodluck

May he live long and be happy! :wub:

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

I too am very glad that it's not *it* :D

Sending lots of good wishes that the 'thing' is a simple one which won't cause too many problems :)

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Holding Bandit and you in my thoughts and prayers.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson