Gonna Need A Lot Of Prayers This Friday

I tried as hard has possible not to have to get a dental for Onyx. But, her teeth were really too bad to keep them clean. So, she's having a dental.

Onyx is 15!

I chose to take her to the dentist instead of her regular GP because this dentist has a high success rate. She did Pearl twice, and Pearl was considered ultra high risk because of hypertension and heart disease.

I'm almost sure, Onyx is going to lose all four canines. And maybe what's left of her other teeth. Oh, she's going to be so sore. :weep I really don't want to do this to her, but I think her mouth is bothering her.

She's being done on the 14th, one year to the day that Pearl had her splenectomy. Pearl passed 3 weeks later. It's also the same anniversary has Beth's Smiley, who survived only 3 days.

So I'm asking for lots of white light, prayers and crossed paws from GT that Onyx makes it thru the dental, the recovery, and feels a whole lot better sooner than later.

By the way, for anyone who complains about the price of a dental? This is going to set me back about $3000. That's the price I pay for giving Onyx the best chance of a good result.

(and for anyone who reads Off Topic, you know my 4Runner just died too. When it rains it pours)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many prayers for Onyx!!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Pearl's cardiologist in Langhorne, Pa recommended only two dentist for Pearl, my uber high risk girl.

One was 2+ hrs away in Pa somewhere, the other was Dr. Fiorito of Brick Town Vets. She's fantastic. She's the only one I would trust Onyx to right now.

Will think good thoughts on Friday!

Tomorrow's the day.

I just got the results back from her pre-dental (senior) blood panel and the vet said she looks very good. All organs are working fine (if I weren't so worried about her dental tomorrow, I'd be jumping up and down that a 15 yr has such a healthy body).

Hoping all goes well for your sweet girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:hope :hope :hope :hope :hope

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead