Jan 1 2011 Forum Update

Jeff

I conducted a forum update this evening, we were 2 small releases behind. This was just a bug fix, no new large features. Please let me know if you notice any oddities.

Oddities other than the broken event system..AGAIN.. I'll get that working again hopefully tomorrow.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

I conducted a forum update this evening, we were 2 small releases behind. This was just a bug fix, no new large features. Please let me know if you notice any oddities.

Oddities other than the broken event system..AGAIN.. I'll get that working again hopefully tomorrow.

The landing page at greytalk.com has no content on it and no "click to enter" as before. Greytalk.com takes you to the Portal tab, but the page is empty.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I had the same problem. Once I signed in I had to click on the Forums tab to be able to see anything. Thank you for all the hard work you do on keeping this forum up and running.

<p>Mom to Kyle (Diehard Kyle) & Angel Gracie (KB's Sankey) Foster Mom for AFG

Guest bethac

I had the same problem. Once I signed in I had to click on the Forums tab to be able to see anything. Thank you for all the hard work you do on keeping this forum up and running.

Ditto - same experience, same BIG THANK YOU for all you do. :thumbs-up

Guest Wpgkeith

At the bottom of the current thread, there is a pull down menu of forums to go to - Off Topic, C+F, H+M, etc. The "GO" button has disappeared. So now you can highlight wherever you want to go, but no way to get there.

(I miss the double click to the top --- :lol - sometimes).

Greyt job!

K

Just did some new "testing"...one automatically jumps to new forums, but if you are in an OT thread and want to jump to the OT home page...that is when you cannot. If you want to go from an OT thread to the C+F home page...no problem.

Hope that makes sense.

K

I don't believe the functionality of the jump menu has changed, I don't remember there being a GO button, it just auto changed when clicked.

Just below that same jump menu, you can see the current forum you are in, here in this forum it looks like this:

← Previous Topic Announcements and News Next Topic →

If you click the forum name, in this case 'Announcements and News' it will take you back to that topic list, and save you a few clicks in the process ;)

The double click top, forces me to alter source files which makes updates take a lot longer and causes things to break, a-la the events system. The less source files I need to alter the better for all of us in the long run.

Guest Wpgkeith

Thanks, I was going to post that I "found"/noticed that code below the pull down menu.

RE: the double click...most times I liked it, sometimes I cursed it...so it appeared, it went away...no real change in the quality of life. After hearing about the challenges of changing source code from DW (she works with SAP) - I have no quarrel with not wanting to change source code...ever. ;)

:)

K

I always find GT a little slow, especially since we changed servers. The available bandwidth is good, but we seem to always have high loads which slows things down. I was really hoping to have a good net connection at our new home here to bring and run GT inhouse, but that didn't happen. I don't have enough outbound (to you all) bandwidth to do it. They did some service upgrades while I was in Attu that helped downstream (from 2mbit to about 5mbit) but upload is still lagging. I'll keep researching that, and once I can get 1-2mbit up, I'll move it inhouse to a better server.

Some bug fixes, a server reboot, and I optimized the database this morning may have helped speed things up just a tad :)

The page numbers at the top and bottom of different threads look weird. I don't know how to describe it but they have words or something layered over them. Just letting you know in case you hadn't seen it.

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

I've noticed that since the update I keep getting this message a lot when I go to try and change to another topic.

[#2001] Sorry, the server is too busy to handle your request, please try again in a moment

I hadn't been seeing this before the update. Don't know if it's my computer or not.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I've noticed that since the update I keep getting this message a lot when I go to try and change to another topic.

[#2001] Sorry, the server is too busy to handle your request, please try again in a moment

I hadn't been seeing this before the update. Don't know if it's my computer or not.

same problem here, too.

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

I just started having that problem today.

Today the forum keeps flipping from mobile to regular on me. When I had my blackberry it would set to whatever I had last read the forum in, like if I changed it to mobile on my phone it would change my computer as well.

When I got my iphone it was always on mobile on the phone and the computer was always on regular but today it keeps flipping back and forth on its own.

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.