Romi Aka Finger Roll

kjw

With broken hearts, Michelle and I are sorry to announce the passing of our beautiful boy Romi. After fighting for the last month, he was ready to give up the battle and move on Monday morning. He is survived by his pack Andy, Bailey, Connie and Millie.

We had many years of pure joy from this hound, who was an unexpected addition during the 2004 GRA picnic. He had been at the Hinsdale adoption centre

for over a year, but when I saw him at Bill's with his beautiful big roman nose, and listened to him rooing in his kennel, and experienced him kissing me

right through the bars, I knew this unique character was for us. I have never been sorry that we added him to our pack, he has been at the centre of life at Camp

Greyhound for all of these years, and was a favorite where ever he went.

To say he will be missed is a tremendous understatement.

Thanks to dear friends Dee and Anne for their support yesterday, you made an unbearable day almost manageable; and thanks to Anna our homeopath who made his last month really comfortable.

I imagine Romi arriving at the bridge, and meeting his brother Cantankerous Lou, who pre-deceased him by less than a year, and all the SSGG angels that have left us so recently – Dove, Sadie, Hobbes, Tomtom, Jack, and most recently Hope to name a few. I'm sure he's settled in and is washing everyone's ears right about now.

Goodnight, sweet Prince, til we meet again.

romiandlou.jpg

romimillieHIresolution.jpg

romisnowbunny.jpg

romismile.jpg

romiinmuzzle.jpg

romifur.jpg

romiandmabel.jpg

romicute.jpg

romihat-1.jpg

romi2.jpg

romi1.jpg

romi.jpg

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a wonderfully handsome boy he was. He must has been so deliciously sweet. Thank you for sharing him with us and loving him as you have. I will have that picture of him with the ferret forever making my heart laugh.

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

I'm so sorry. He was a dog in a million, and I can imagine how heavy your hearts are right now.

Romi, go find Batman -- we used to talk and I told him all about you. He'll help Lou show you the ropes. Godspeed.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest greymama002

Deepest sympathy on the loss of your most precious Romi.

The expression on his face in that pic with the ferret is just priceless; one of my all time favorite pics!

Run free sweet angel :angelwings:gh_run

Karen, I'm so sorry. Romi was such a cool and gentle guy. I remember when you adopted him and I also remember how well he got along with Phene and Loca. He'll be missed by many.

I'm sure Loca is corrupting him as I type. flowers_red.gif

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

That photo of Romi and the ferrett always makes me smile, big. Thank you for sharing your precious boy with us. From our camp to yours, I am truly sorry for your loss.

Godspeed Romi :gh_run

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Karen, I am so grateful that I was able to spend a little time with Romi, such a truly special hound at so many levels.

I think the photo of Romi and the ferret should be printed and made available as a fundraiser - a precious, smile-inducing, perfectly captured moment.

Huge hugs to you my friend. :grouphug