Molly 8/9/2001-8/1/2010

Guest Mollysmom10

Guest Mollysmom10

Molly came into my life in November of 2003. I had just bought a new house, wanted a dog to help me ease into living in a house w/ just my two cats. When I met Molly, she had a bad knee. The adoption people said she was hurt and showed me other dogs, but something about Molly drew me. She looked so regal, so intelligent, so calm. When I took her for a walk her tail was wagging, she was excited and then she looked at me w/ her beautiful brown eyes – we clicked. The first time I had her in my car, she got into the seat behind the driver’s seat, I could feel her behind me as I drove home.

Molly went through so many life changes with me.

th_IMG_2951.jpg?t=1281837708

Marriage, baby, move, house renovation, another baby, my mother’s cancer, she was always there. She was with me every morning to greet the sun rise as we would walk and I would talk to her and clear my thoughts. Every one I would meet would ask about her, and they would always comment on how beautiful she was.

Molly’s knee turned out to be a torn meniscus, which eventually began to bother her when she walked, she would yelp and start limping. We had her meniscus removed and she still didn’t put a lot of weight on it, but she no longer yelped, and she suddenly was more mobile and re-lived her puppy-hood. Three years ago, something spooked her and she fell down the stairs, she ended up breaking her neck. That was the scariest day of my life. We took her to our vet and they said the x-rays showed broken bones, but not close to her spine, but they had no idea if she had or would have nerve damage. She whined whenever she moved and it was heart wrenching. We almost said good-bye that day. But miraculously she improved. But the following year, she began falling and missing steps. The vet said that she was probably beginning to show the effects of nerve damage. And she bounced back again. The next year, she had to get some teeth extracted, and she had issues w/ the anathesia and suffered from hypothermia. I changed doctors. She was a fighter, she always came home to us.

IMG_0222.jpg?t=1281837798

This summer, she was doing so well. No more falling, but she was beginning to slow down. She was also beginning to pant more, which I attributed to the heat of summer. I took her in for a simple shot, and then they found a growth. I never saw it. It was on her back leg, inner thigh, behind her tail, and hidden by some fur. I have no idea when it developed. We had it removed. We took her home. She wouldn’t calm down, she was incredibly uncomfortable and wouldn’t take any pain meds.

We ended up taking her to Emergency care, it was Friday night. She had been there for her broken neck, I was so sure that she would be home by Saturday, Sunday at the latest. Saturday morning she began to have edema in her abdomen and chest, she began bruising every where and then they found out she had sepsis. We went to see her that evening, she had bounced back again – they said we would possibly have her home by Monday.

I remember the sense of relief and feeling that everything would be fine, it always happened that way w/ Molly. I don’t remember how I got to the phone when it rang at 4:30 a.m. It was surreal. Her red blood cell count had begun to fall since mid-night, she couldn’t breath. They said they could give her a transfusion, but they were not sure if that would help or only lead to more swelling… I went in to see her, she walked in and was so happy to see me. Her face said, “Get me out of here!” Her tail was wagging, just like it always did when we would go for walks. It broke my heart. They brought in a blanket and we talked. I told her stories about when we first met, our walks through the parks and all the crazy things we had been through together. I told her we would have lots of walks again some day. Molly left us, 5:30 a.m. Sunday morning, August 1.

I walked out and it was a beautiful morning. The kind of morning we use to see together on our walks.

We found out that Molly had a mast cell tumor, they think that this is why she deteriorated so quickly. Our house is empty, I still think I hear her moving around, following me or one of the boys. My 3 year old has stopped asking when Molly is coming home, but some times when he sees something that reminds him of her, he will ask how she is and that he wants her to come back from “up” there.

Some day we will have another greyhound grace our lives. Miss Molly you taught us all so much and changed our lives. We miss you and love you very much!

th_IMG_0208.jpg?t=1281837785

th_003.jpg?t=1281837944

:( What a beautiful girl and a lovely tribute. I am so sorry for your loss.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

I rarely read these threads, but clicked this one. I'm so sorry for your loss. Your post broke my heart and actually left tears in my eyes. Thinking of you.

Beautiful tribute to a beautiful girl who was so obviously full of spirit. I'm sorry she had to leave. RIP sweetheart.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Your tribute had me in tears. She was very special, wasn't she...I'm so sorry flowers_red.gif

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest fandogs

Run Free Molly.. no pain.. only wings to soar with .

She is with you in spirit.. that IS her that you hear/see out of the corner of your eye..

She will stay till you no longer need her.. She will watch over you and your family..and smile as she remembers her wonderful time with you.

Get another GH to love.. it's the gift they give us.. teaching us how to love. No dog will ever take her place, but her spirit will have a channel to visit through.

Guest FullMetalFrank

I am so sorry. Your post has me in tears; I hope you and your kid's hearts will heal in time, and perhaps another sweet greyhound can come into your family. Godspeed, Molly....

I'm sorry your lovely girl had to leave you. Godspeed, pretty Molly.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

What a moving tribute for your sweet Molly. I am so very sorry for your loss.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Molly and you both lived many lifetimes together. I am very sorry for your loss.

Run free Molly, run free sweetie... :gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I am so very Sorry! :grouphug Your tribute is very Special to her and you can see she was a Very Special girl to you all....

:f_red:gh_run Run Free Molly! :f_red

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter