I Guess God Had Other Plans

CaliforniaGreys

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mcsheltie

The love she gave and received is the most precious gift. You made her last days perfect and that is all she will remember as she runs free with the angels. I am so sorry...

I am so very sorry. This is so not fair when Katie had so much to look forward to. My heart goes out to you and to Dylan. At least she knew was loved when she needed to leave.

Godspeed, beautiful Katie.

Guest GentleHugs

Oh Claudia,

My heart breaks for Dylan... he tried so hard and his instant love for Katie was so deep. weep.gif

You are right though - God had other plans and those plans were to unite Katie and Dylan together for the short time she had so she could experience true uncondtional love before she passed. God didn't want her to die alone on a concrete slab. He wanted her to pass in the arms of someone who truly and deeply loved her. As hard as it is on Dylan right now, his compassion and love for her was recognized by all of us. Dylan and Katie touched many and the lesson for all of us to learn is to give with our whole heart unconditionally, no strings attached for however long the other is here with us on earth.

I'm with many others - I did not expect this as an outcome but I hope Dylan opens his heart again to another when he's ready to honor Katie's time with him.

I also hope that when the time comes for him to marry - the person he chooses will realize that Dylan's heart is as big as the entire universe and then some. He's one special guy who loved a very special girl named Katie.

bighug.gif for Dylan.

God speed Katie - you have earned your golden angel wings sweetheart. Watch over Dylan - he's going to need your special angel touch. angel.gif

There *are* no words, other than I am sorry and those sound so hollow. I am really sorry.

Please take real comfort knowing that thanks to your efforts Katie was not alone when she had to go.

Godspeed sweet Katie ghrun.gif

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

So sad. I am very sorry. :(

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

She came into your life when she was suppose to. Her lessons will not be lost on you, Dylan and all of those who knew and grew to love her. Sadness fills my heart for you and especially for Dylan. Katie came to you and Dylan so she would know love. And that, she did.corazonlatiendo.gif

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest dmona

I don't know the story about Katie, but this sounds so sad. I am so sorry for your loss.It is always hard no matter how long the time or short that we have them. God bless.

Guest HoustonGreys

:brokenheart My heart is breaking for Dylan, Kristin and Katie and I’m bawling like a baby. Everyone says dog live in the moment and Katie’s last days were in a loving home surrounded by people at her beck and call. That’s the memories she took with her.

:f_pink Godspeed beautiful Katie :gh_run

Guest Energy11

Oh Claudia!!!

Just seeing this now! How sad!!!!!!!! I am soo sorry!

But, ... at lease she DID know love, before she died.

Sending our love to you, and your family! Dee and The Five

Run free, Katie! flowers_pink.gifrungrey.gif

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

:grouphug

The massive amount of love she learned about recently, could fill up an eternity.

GOD SPEED sweet Katie

OMG How incredibly heartbreaking. Dylan must be devastated, and my heart goes out to him.

I'm glad Katie had a taste of a real life and proper love before she left.

Godspeed Katie.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest NSGREY
:( oh how sad...I'm truly sorry for the loss to your family. I was so happy when I read that Katie was in a home and has a family who truly loved her for the rest of her life. Little did we realize just how short that time would be. :(

Guest mountain4greys

Claudia, I'm in shock, I don't even know what to say. I can't even imagine how Dylan feels.

Run free Katie! :f_red:gh_run:f_red

Way too much sadness for one day. Please let Dylan know how sorry I am and what a wonderful father he is. Rest well, Katie Girl.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Claudia, I am so very Sorry! :grouphug Please tell Dylan he gave Katie the best gift he could have ever given her, a great home even though it was for a short time. Please give him hugs from us.... He is a Very Special boy... :grouphug

:f_red:gh_run Run Free Katie :f_red

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest DoofBert

Yes, sometimes God has other plans. Please let Dylan know that we are very sorry that Katie had to leave so soon.

Hugs to all!

Jayne and the Pokeynose Black Pack

Man this hit like a Mack truck....very unexpected. I am truly sorry that Katie is gone. She was lucky that Dylan showed her the love in the short time she was with her.

An angel has definitely earned her wings. Run free Katie, run free sweetie... :gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest MyCody

I am just reading this and I am so very sorry for you claudia, your entire family and a special tear shed for both Dyland and Katie.

Having said that, I think God did have other plans, among them Katie being with you when she needed to be loved the most. Just think how it must have felt to her after what she had been through to finally know what it meant to have someone care about her, handle her with gentleness, give her special, gentle hugs and stroking her with tenderness and not being with people who would not be shedding tears as you are, no doubt. This happened to us four years ago when we took a 7 year old little girl who had been with a family for four years and was brought back because she "was sick all the time", well she had lymphoma and we only got to love her for five months but I know she was meant to make her journey from my arms, knowing that we truly loved her, this is what Katie felt from you Dylan, please take comfort in that. Our little brood Mama, Emmy Lou was only here for six months before cancer took her from us but she too knew how much we loved her. God knows when his special creatures need the most love and he knew that Katie would find just that with you.

I want to thank you for giving the most special of gifts, love when it's the hardest to part with because it becomes the hardest to stop. You will never forget her Dylan and I will never forget you and your Katie.

Terry