Bijou's Latest Vet Visit..

Went back to the Vet with Bijou to have her check things out. The mass on her inner thigh is smaller but still fairly large. I spend a week doing the hot/cold compresses and the swelling below mass is gone and her foot is no longer swollen. She has had a lot more energy as you can tell from the pics I posted this weekend in Cute. The vet is worried that if she were to try to take out the large mass she could get a clean edge on 3 sides of it, but one edge is into her hamstring and probably couldn't get a clean edge for that. Plus we found 2 other masses on her. One on her chest/belly and one on her left front leg down around her ankle about he size of a pencil eraser. Unfortunately, Phoenix is NOT a cheap place to live or be ill, even for a pet. Total for removal and labs and all things involved comes out to a little over 2k. At almost 12 years old I can't do that for her. So we are in a management regime of care. If the swelling comes back I have Prednisone, Benedryl and Tagamet to give her.

She has put back on some of the weight she has lost (lost 10 lbs in a year, gained back 2 in a week; so about where she should be...I spoiled her with too many treats :lol )As long as she is an active happy snuggle bunny I will be giving her all the love she can stand and then some. I know when it is time she will let me know.

Thanks to all you GT'ers for keeping her in your thoughts. I still think I got another year at least if I keep up on the care.

Greg

newsig1127ab_zps4af4600d.jpg
Isis, Always in my Heart Bijou, My Sweetest Angel

Greg,

Wishing you and Bijou many, many happy months together and I want to know a year from now just how Bijou is doing.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest Energy11

My Dear Greg, you are taking the path I would take, ... with any of mine, and I MEAN that!

Sending you all the love, support, and hugs, we can! Dee, Curfew, Goldie, Oakly, Staggerlee, and Cari!

Greg,

Wishing you and Bijou many, many happy months together and I want to know a year from now just how Bijou is doing.

You got a deal..and this place is going to flooded with a Bijou-palooza of pics over the next year.. :lol

newsig1127ab_zps4af4600d.jpg
Isis, Always in my Heart Bijou, My Sweetest Angel

Just keep spoiling her.... that's what daddies do.

Bijou - wub.gif

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Guest IrskasMom

Greg I have every Finger crossed for good Luck. I am looking forward to many Pictures of Bijou and some of her antics Story's.You know how to spoil this Girls . Prayers and many Hugs to all of you :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Guest Adrianne

Just wanted to add my thoughts and prayers to you and sweet Bijou. I believe you can never give too much loving. Spoil her rotten.

I'm with you on your course of treatment....I'd do exactly the same thing. Now is the time to spoil her absolutely rotten and not feel guilty about it. I hope you have many, many good months with your beautiful girl. She's one of my special favorites.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

She's a fighter, isn't she? As long as she wants to be here with you, every day will be precious. I hope you have many, many more.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest Paige12

Again I think you are making the perfect decision! Take lots of pics, think about keeping a little journal, even recording days that were just plain "good" days. I also think you will have many months with your girl, but as the battle goes on, maybe include some of that battle in the journal. It will help you to remember that you and she fought the good fight! Lots of prayers for your girl. Beth in Ohio

Greg,

You got a deal..and this place is going to flooded with a Bijou-palooza of pics over the next year.. lol.gif

Bijou-Palooza!!! LOVE IT!!! Can't wait!!!lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly