Our Luck Ran Out

Guest azlorenz

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest angel

Our Dasher lived one year post amputation/chemo, and was the happiest I had ever seen him.

Recovery was uneventful and he bounced back quickly to better than normal self. He could run just as fast as before, dig holes, and jump in and out of the car like a champ! He drew so much attention from people on his walks, which made him feel tremendously special.

We gained 5 years worth of wonderful memories in his final year as a tripod, and he enjoyed quality of life right to the end.

I have read on this forum about dogs who have lived a long time following diagnosis. Wishing your boy is one of them.

Guest azlorenz

Flash came out of surgery and is resting comfortably with pain meds. He was the 2nd surgery this AM and the surgeon called us around 1:15 PT that he was out of surgery, up from the anesthetic and stable with pain meds. One more hurdle cleared. The surgeon said we could come peak in on him tonight between 6-8 and to call in the am around 10 to see if he could come home tomorrow evening. I will give you an update as soon as we get home tonight. I want to see him so that I have time to get rid of my reaction before we bring him home tomorrow. Keep the white light coming. People of Greytalk, you are the best.

Edited by azlorenz

That's great news Shannon. We're rooting for Flash, you hang in there okay. :bighug

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest azlorenz

We went down to the hospital tonight but decided not to disturb him. The tech said he was resting and comfortable so we hated to bother him so soon after surgery. My husband works a few blocks from the hospital so he said he would stop by in the morning and check on him as well as find out if he can go home tomorrow night or Sat. am.

Just checking in and hoping your boy is still doing well today!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Saw he came through surgery just fine. Hoping he can come home today.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee