Rainey - If You Could Spare Another Prayer...

Greyt news that Rainey is home. OK Rainey keep pooping out that stuff. Of course she was a greyt patient and of course they LOVED her. We will continue to keep Rainey in our thoughts and prayers. Greyt that you are able to work from home.

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am glad she's home. Tell her she can stop trying to win the contest for "most unusual poop" at the next picnic. :rolleyes:

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

quick update, she's been ok all day, drinking lots (good) to keep hydrated...only pooped 2 times, not a big amount, and neither had any foreign anything in it :( so I'm not sure if what the vet saw was really foam or just fecal matter and she's all done (she never really passed any foam!) or if there's still the tons that they said in there but she's not blocked "enough" to stop the fecal matter? if there still isn't any in there tomorrow, I will call the Evet and ask their opinion. :unsure

She also has a HUGE bruise and abraision on her chest, near the front part -- I didn't even see it until today (you can't see it when she's standing, I only saw it when she roached around 4:30pm today). We'll never know what happened, but maybe she tried to scale the couch or my chair and fell behind them (in front of the bar area, only like a 2 foot wide area)...it doesn't seem to bother her much though, luckily. UGH.

thanks again for all the good wishes -- I hope this is done and REALLY HOPE there are no more episodes (I think we're going to try muzzling her with no stool guard first, not sure yet though). :unsure

this is so minor compared to so many others here I feel bad even wasting folks time reading this :( :( my heart goes out to the others here, as it always does :(

Edited by RaineysMom

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I am very glad Rainey is home!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest eaglflyt

I'm hoping all the foam is gone and that she was just gassy or full of poo when they took the x-rays.

Please don't feel bad for asking for suggestions. We all have times when we need another viewpoint or bit of advice. Really, all of us! ;)

Checking on Princess Rainey this evening and hoping all is still well.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

hi guys!

no real news to report, she pooped 2 times again today but again, no foam :unsure I called the Evet and they suggested possibly having more X-rays done at our regular vet to see how things are moving, but he's not there until tomorrow -- and they (and we) agreed that as long as she's acting fine and passing stuff (even if it's not the foam) she's still ok for now. We know what to look for if she starts getting blocked.

We're leaving her alone for the first time tomorrow :unsure , have another muzzle with no cup (a large one, bigger than her regular one) and we tried the frozen Kong and she couldn't get it very well (meaning not at all) :unsure so we 'll just try kibble in the Kong with no sealer, that seemed to work better for her.

thanks again for the prayers!!! I really hope she starts passing the foam (or maybe what they saw wasn't foam???) :unsure

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest 3greysinPA

I'm so happy that she is home and doing well.... and i will be hoping for some foamy poop... unless like you said.. maybe it wasent foam...

anyway... I am just so glad to read that she is home and doing well.

(((hugs)))

Just thinking about you guys and Rainey. We say prayers in our house and Rainey has been added to the list. Hope that the big P happens soon.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

It is just amazing how much we pray for poop when we have four-legged children. I routinely say that prayer for my horse who has the occassional "slowdown"...and am always relieved to see a healthy poop from the houndies!!! rolleyes.gif

Edited by mychip1

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Oh I just love it when there's a chorus of prayers for good poop! Hooray for good poop! Hoping for more good poop!lol.gif

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Just adding my good wishes that all continues well for Rainey.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy