Cartier

RobinM

Dana has asked me to post this for her...

God Speed Beautiful boy. He lost his battle with kidney disease.

For all that touched him . . . may you all know you touched our lives as much as he touched each and everyone of yours. Thank you all for caring for him and touching his soul.

In the short months that I was able to share with him were poignant. He touched so many people all around the world.

Cartier my sweet sweet Guammie Bear passed away last night. I was trying to get him to the emergency vet and he passed away in the van before I got there. He passed on his terms. He was eating more and seemed to be stabilizing and then started last night at midnight just throwing up violently, pooping and in distress. He lost his battle with the ugly kidney disease.

May he run forever free . . .

Dana and my little angel boy Cartier

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

cry1.gifbrokenheart.gifflowers_yellow.gif

I remember seeing Cartier when he was at GAC's kennel......what a handsome boy he was. I'm sure Dana won't mind me posting a few pictures of him the day he flew in from Guam.

Stirling_001.jpg

DSC_00162108.jpg

Dana just sent me these pictures to add......

Cartier and Dana on the day she adopted him June 14, 2009

CartierandMom.jpg

Here he is on his 8th birthday

Cartiers8thBirthday.jpg

CartierHavingFun.jpg

CartierasGreyhoundBus.jpg

CartierPolishedPooch1.jpg

CartieronCouch2009.jpg

Edited by greypuppyluv

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest how888

I am so very sorry.. Soar with the angels sweetie and leave those paw prints in the stars.. You were so loved and will never be forgotten.. Rest in Peace and know we will all meet and greet one more time over that rainbow...

:gh_lay

:f_red:f_red:f_red

Thank you so much for posting this, Robin. I only just now opened my e-mail from Dana and was coming to post (with a lot of tears in my eyes).

And thank you for posting all of those beautiful photos. I think Dana will have some very special memories of Cartier, with especially exciting remembrances of his winning his recent "Polished Pooch" title. It was an honor well-bestowed on a baby who got to live the most wonderful year of his life with his mommy. It's only a few weeks short of his 1st Gotcha Day. :(

Godspeed you beautiful boy. You'll live on in mommy's heart (and ours' too) forever.

:f_red:cry1:gh_run

And we won't forget this: :blowcandle

Edited by greyhndz

gallery_13500_3426_13848.jpg

Guest Mom2Shiloh

I already posted in Dana's thread on FB but I wanted to do it here too. I fell head over heels with the very first picture I saw of this beautiful boy. I just can't help crying over his too soon departure. Thankfully he was, and will forever be, well loved.

Again, I'm so very sorry Dana.. he was one in a million for sure :weep

Guest derfaroo

Dana has asked me to post this for her...

God Speed Beautiful boy. He lost his battle with kidney disease.

For all that touched him . . . may you all know you touched our lives as much as he touched each and everyone of yours. Thank you all for caring for him and touching his soul.

In the short months that I was able to share with him were poignant. He touched so many people all around the world.

Cartier my sweet sweet Guammie Bear passed away last night. I was trying to get him to the emergency vet and he passed away in the van before I got there. He passed on his terms. He was eating more and seemed to be stabilizing and then started last night at midnight just throwing up violently, pooping and in distress. He lost his battle with the ugly kidney disease.

May he run forever free . . .

Dana and my little angel boy Cartier

I am so very so very sorry, Dear Dana! What a lucky boy to have YOU for his MOM! No one could have loved him more!

I heard from Dana tonight, too. My heart is broken, Cartier was such a sweet, gentle and beautiful boy. Dana takes care of my two from time to time when I go on vacation and it was always such a treat to see him, he was incredibly special. Last Christmas while I was gone, Dana took care of Carl & Claire and told me that my shy Claire and Cartier hung out together. He was her protector.

Gentle healing thoughts to Dana and her pack. Godspeed, dear sweet Cartier.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Dear Dana, I am so sorry for your loss of Cartier. Hold close those beautiful memories you made together. He was special. blush.gif

Godspeed sweet Cartier ghrun.gif

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

What a handsome boy he was. I'm so sorry he had to leave so soon.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

I read about Cartier on another grey post and was just sick to hear that he crossed the bridge. Way too soon! Wow he was so loved by Dana and all the neat things he got to do with Dana's guidance. I will never forget the contest for halloween and Cartier in his greyhound bus costume. What a great grey ambassador and we will never forget this beautiful boy that had a wonderful life when Dana wrapped her arms around this guy. Such a short time she had with him and we are thankful that she shared him with all of us. Godspeed Cartier and may the wind always be at your back sweet boy!flowers_red.gif

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg