Elsie Has A Limp And It's Nothing Serious....

RIGHT?

May 27th

On Monday, Elsie was limping. I gave her metacam in her food and no walks for a day and a half and she was fine again. We walked her once yesterday morning and last night her gait was off so no walk and today she is limping and holding up her front right.

Big sigh.

I am going to bring her in for an x-ray tonight.

I am having a sense of deja vu that does not feel very good.

She is otherwise looking and acting ok. I gave her a dose of metacam in her food this morning so hopefully by the time we come home, she will be better but I will still bring her in.

I'm scared.

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bigorangedog

RIGHT?

Absolutely, positively RIGHT! We have hit our maximum number of serious limps for the year, so clearly your girl is FINE.

Guest FullMetalFrank

Right! I am right there with you, with my Frankie... His is intermittent and I am going to get him looked at (probably xrays) this week. Thinking good "nothing serious" thoughts for both of them! :wub::grouphug

Of course right.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

You are absolutely, 100% correct. How is she today?

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

We did not walk her at all today. She woke up and was walking so much better. But it really had me thinking... not the best of thoughts. She is 11 and although she acts like she is 2... she is 11.

But as of now, she is looking and acting greyt. Walking well. If all OK tomorrow, walkies will resume. Well, maybe one walkie.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

We did not walk her at all today. She woke up and was walking so much better. But it really had me thinking... not the best of thoughts. She is 11 and although she acts like she is 2... she is 11.

That's probably exactly WHY she had a limp! She's such an energetic puppy and feeling/looking fabulous for her age. :colgate She probably put her foot down wrong or sprained it slightly. Glad she seems better today.

Please keep us posted, ok? :)

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest MyBoys

So glad she seems better today, see what can happen when all the thoughts are POSITIVE. Elsie, please don't scare your Mommy that way, she worries so much about her babies.

update post #1

:goodluck

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)