Need Prayers-Sutra Is Vomiting Blood :(

Aw, that's the best news, Kristin!! Keep up the good work, Sutra! What a huge relief it must be, seeing him getting back to all his funny, Sutra-y little behaviors. :P

Do you still have those oatmeal cream cookies on hand? OK, maybe not tonight. But soon. Mashed potatoes are good stuff!

Hugs and skritches sweetie pie. :wub::kiss2

gallery_13500_3426_13848.jpg

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yes, we are fully stocked on oatmeal cream pies (I ate one earlier and he watched me, but didn't want any for himself) and of course, fig newtons!

He's not interested in eating anything on his own yet, but, he's keeping food down - I just have to keep telling myself BABY STEPS.

He is so tired and has slept for most of the day - I think Sunday and Monday, even if he was sleeping, he wasn't really resting very well. So, I hope the good rest he's been getting today will help him be one step closer to feeling better.

I think I am going to just take the rest of the week off. He won't be ready for me to go back to work tomorrow, and by that point, I may as well just take two more days off (I'm required to take a full week off once a year, might as well make this my week). Sadly this means I won't be going to Dewey this October as I'd hoped to, but, that means I have more than a year to try to save $$ for NEXT year (and I pray that Ace and Fritz will still be healthy enough to make the journey with me to play in the ocean).

He's just had some pepcid, will have some more food in a bit, and then he will have his antibiotics before bedtime.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

:clap :clap Wonderful news...hope he continues to improve.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Great news! Hope he continues to improve!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

That is greyt news! Keep it up Sutra!!!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest jettcricket

I'm so happy that your boy seems to be improving....it's all that TLC that you've been providing for him.

Baby steps....just take one day at a time.

Guest Energy11

THIS IS good news! Sounds like you are on the right track! Sending more prayers!

Those mashed taters of yours MUST ROCK! :-)

just seeing this now! I hope your sweet boy is improving every day!!! :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

:confetti HE ATE ON HIS OWN!!! :confetti

He just ate some cottage cheese out of a bowl. I decided to see if he'd take it because he's just got that sassy look about him today. He gave me a dirty look when I gave him his sucralfate with the syringe, like, "I don't need that stinkin thing!" :lol

He slept well all afternoon and all night last night. He still hasn't pooped yet, but, he hasn't really eaten enough to make enough poop for a bowel movement.

I had to stop giving him more cottage cheese because I don't want him to eat too much at once...but he would have kept eating if I had let him. I just don't want to get my expectations too high too quickly.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

:wub: He just ate a fig newton :wub:

Way to go Sutra!!!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.