Need Prayers-Sutra Is Vomiting Blood :(

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:hope

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Thank you guys so much, it means the world to me to be able to have your support.

Sutra is spending the night at the ER. His bloodwork all looks just fine, except his white count is high. When he had the FNA, his white count was high and he was put on a short course of Clindamycin. 2 days before the course was finished, his white count was normal. He stopped taking it last Saturday and about 2 days after that is when he started being picky with food. So, the white count has jumped back up...the course wasn't long enough to knock out whatever he's fighting. I wish I had started his clavamox/zeniquin then when I suspected something...but he had appeared to bounce back a bit, so, I thought he was on the mend until yesterday when the vomiting started.

He had xrays of his abdomen and everything looks A-Okay. The doc came into the room and said, "well, his xrays are pretty boring, but, I'm sure you won't mind that ;)" Heck no, boring xrays are great! :yay She did point out that he has a LOT of gas in his intestinal tract :blush

He is running a temp (high white count will do that to you). He is clearly not feeling well - his eyes are dry and he's hot to the touch....I could've told them he was running a temp before they ever got that thermometer out!

He will be receiving IV fluids and antibiotics, as well as anti-nausea medication (the name escapes me - starts with an S...coats the stomach and helps repair ulcers, etc.).

We do not know the exact cause of the blood in the vomit - could just be that he's irritated the tract enough with the other vomiting, could be bad food, could be he's got a bug, could be a lot of things. Could be something that wouldn't affect most healthy hounds, but, because of his osteo and because he has a tendency for pancreatitis flares, it has affected him more severely than most. At this point we are not HORRIBLY concerned about the fact that there was blood.

I can call to check on him anytime, but I can call around 8am to see if it's okay to visit. I'll be taking him a couple of my tshirts as well as some of his own food. Dr. Hook was hopeful that he would be able to go home sometime tomorrow afternoon. God, I hope so. I just got home and let the others outside...4 pups seems like nothing :(

I've never had to leave anyone overnight before, so, this is really tough for me. I just hope my phone doesn't ring overnight...with the ER clinic, no news is good news. I am going to go to bed fairly soon and just try to sleep through the night so morning will get here faster.

Everyone hug your hounds tonight...I was SO scared earlier. Now, the situation seems hopeful, so, I will be hopeful as well :nod

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Hopeful is good! Glad to see this update. Sleep tight with all our good wishes wafting in the air above you.

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

I'll keep him in my prayers and hope tomorrow comes with him feeling better and able to come home.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest TeddysMom

I am so glad to see that Sutra is getting what she needs for now. I will be saying prayers that she gets to come home and feels much better tomorrow.

Grateful for boring xrays! Sending prayers you receive no calls tonight and get nothing but good news in the morning. If he vomited hard enough, that could have caused enough irritation to make his vomit bloody.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Kristen here's praying for a quiet no phone call night and bright news in the morning!

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

Get well soon, Sutra. Best wishes from here.

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

Hoping that Sutra gets to come home today and that he will feel much better soon. He sounds like a fighter.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Checking on you and your boy this morning.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Energy11

Just seeing this.

Glad the x-rays were normal, and that the vet wasn't too worried. I know what you mean about keeping them overnight. I felt the same way, when Curfew had to stay over when he was very sick almost two years ago.

Sending you and Sutra lots of love, and many prayers for his homecoming today, and a full recovery!

Just woke up and I'm getting ready to call the office. They do a shift change at 8am so I figured I'd wait until about 8:30 before I call, so the people coming on can be briefed and assess him themselves this morning. I'm off to the kitchen to gather up some of his kibble and some other various stuff to take with me to go see him today.

Thank you all for the prayers and good wishes...I'll update once I talk to them :)

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--