Need Prayers-Sutra Is Vomiting Blood :(

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a sweet, poopy-looking face! He looks kind of stoned, but between pain meds and anti-emetics for his vomiting, I'd be stoned too.

I'll bet tomorrow morning he'll be waking from the fog. Those oatmeal cream cookies are going to look a lot better then. :) (If he doesn't want them, send em over to me!)

You can try a little burger, or even some of the jars of strained baby meats. They're stinky enough to get his attention.

Feel better, Sutra! Feel better, Kristin! :grouphug

gallery_13500_3426_13848.jpg

Guest EmilyandSioux

Being home is a wonderful thing. I have spent the better part of 2 years in a hospital or in bed. I know when I was able to work in the clinic we wanted them to go home so bad because they were more comfortable there with their parents. We actually had a room where the parents could visit and sleep for a short time with them. It was never quite with all the alarms and buzzers and action going on though. Good thoughts and prayers coming ya'lls way.

I don't want to alarm you but my Bailey had xrays and they were clear. However, she was still vomiting and so we had an ultrasound done for her. The vets discovered cancerous tumours in her stomach and we had to let her go...there was no hope left.

I'm hoping this is really nothing but I just thought I'd share our experience. In the future, if the xrays are clear after prolonged vomiting, I'm having an ultrasound done as well to view whatever doesn't show up on an xray. As I said, I don't want to alarm you, just share my experience.

Prayers that this is treatable and Sutra gets well quickly.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Awww, he looks so tired. Hope he had a good nights sleep and is feeling like eating this morning.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest K9Cookies

Just now seeing this, Kristin. :grouphug

Hope Sutra got a good night's sleep and he'll eat something for you this morning. :goodluck

Guest 2greygirls

Sucraflate ( or however you spell it) is what they put my Leda on..she had acid reflux, and possible an ulcer..you give it an hour or so before meals, it coats the stomach. It worked wonders for her, she was also on Pepcid, she had one of those a day forever. This all developed when she was a senior, she lost her appetite, and many on here know just how skinny she got in her old age. I tried everything to make her eat, with minimal success. Sometimes they just get skinny, I think, she was happy and comfortable after the meds settled her reflux, hopefully it will help Sutra like it helped her. I was thinking this episode sounded much like hers. Hugs to your handsome boy!

We have had a long night...we got home, he had the bath and was resting. He went out a few times to go potty and then it was time for ME to go to bed, so I got him settled in bed with me....JUST as I'm staring to fall asleep, he starts panting. I took him back outside and he peed again. This time he came in and headed straight for HIS bed in the living room. So, I got him settled and went into the bedroom to sleep. Mark checked on him a couple of times and then fell asleep too.

Around 1:30am I am woken up by a noise that sounds like peeing, in the hallway. I get up and Sutra's there, but I don't think he peed...the pattern of the stuff on the carpet was a bit spattered, like spit up. Dear lord it smelled awful. It was hard to tell what color it was as the carpet is burgundy...so I got a white towel. It was brown...icky, old blood. Smelled like it too. I think he had a small puky burp and just a little bit came up. I tried not to be alarmed and decided to see how he did after that before calling the vet.

He was supposed to have his sucralfate at 3am, but, I decided to give it to him at about 2am, since I was still up with him. I got it syringed into him and he went back to bed. I moved out to the couch to keep an eye on him. At some point he spit up some bile...but it was nice, yellowy bile (can't believe I was so happy to see bile)..a really light yellow.

I am doing laundry like mad - lots to catch up on from the past couple of days of his vomiting. He's just had his antibiotics. He's been pretty good about drinking water, but still won't eat anything. He looks less "drugged" today, but earlier when he was panting a bunch he was kind of shaking...the "I don't feel good" shake.

I offered him some cottage cheese at some point in the wee hours of the morning and he licked the spoon but that was it. I've since offered him oatmeal cream pies, fig newtons, kibble, hamburger and rice, mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, and hamburgers (I fired up the grill this morning to make them). He wants none of it.

I'm letting him sleep right now. When he wakes up I think I'm going to have to make up some sort of a slop that I can syringe feed him. I have a feeling this will be messy, but, I have to get something into his tummy. I don't think he will start to eat on his own until his stomach is "primed" a bit.

I left my boss a message at 6am today, saying I wasn't coming in. I don't think it will be a problem, but I still feel bad taking the day off on the fly like this. I may have to take tomorrow off too, by the looks of it.

I think this was all caused by that bug that is going around - because this morning, Fritz and Skimmie were out eating grass and Fritz vomited bile after coming back in. The only dog here that ate breakfast is Pinky. Ace only ate a bit of hers and is acting like she's not feeling so great either. *sigh*

I have been trying to do some cleaning since I'm here at home - doing dishes, etc. All I really want to do is lay around.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest MorganKonaAlex

sucralfate also comes in pill form. It may be easier than using the syringe. Some things to try to get him eating: rotisserie chicken, meat baby food and deli meat.

Guest TeddysMom

I have been thinking about Sutra today and am sorry to see that he is having a bad day. My prayers and thoughts are being sent and I hope that he begins to feel better. He is just so handsome. Come on Sutra, perk up big guy and make all of us feel better especially your Mommy.

sucralfate also comes in pill form. It may be easier than using the syringe. Some things to try to get him eating: rotisserie chicken, meat baby food and deli meat.

It is a pill. They told me to crush it and mix it with water and give as a slurry. Since he won't drink it, I have to give it to him with the syringe.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

Guest jettcricket

Just catching up now and reading about your sweet boy....what a kind sweet face he has.

Good thoughts coming your way and that Sutra's appetite picks up and he starts feeling better.

It's so hard when they are not feeling good....

I'm glad he's home and hope he feels like eating really soon. :group

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

wow, i just saw this. what a scary weekend you had! how are you both doing?

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

He just puked up everything I fed him earlier :( No blood in the vomit though.

You know, when he was diagnosed with cancer, I had only recently come to terms with the fact that once Deramaxx wasn't enough to keep him from limping, we'd have to let him go. Never in a million years did I think that something like this would happen and that it would threaten his life. If I can't get him to start eating and keep it down, he's just going to waste away to nothing, and I can't allow that to happen.

Mark works nights, so I'm here all alone. Even when he's home, he's asleep, so, I'm here all alone. My mom would come up here if I asked her to, but really, what could she do other than sit with me here with him? This is so very frustrating. I have a friend who has been syringe feeding her tripod girl for about 2 weeks now. I don't know how she does it - one night of this and I'm out of my mind.

He was just sleeping, and I've been on the phone with LisaB...crying my eyes out because I'm so scared that it's almost time. Now he's awake and looking at me with the "what's wrong, mama?" eyes.

It's time for his sucralfate. I hope he will accept it willingly. I hate putting him through this.