Need Prayers-Sutra Is Vomiting Blood :(

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Kristen!

Hoping to hear good news this morning, the best being that he's lying in bed beside you giving you a little stink eye for making him go to the hospital.

Hugs to you and to your sweet boy, and nothing but good news!

ETA: Has Sutra been on an NSAID recently?

Edited by greyhndz

gallery_13500_3426_13848.jpg

Guest TeddysMom

Just checking for an update. 8:30am can't come soon enough to hear something good. :hope Come on Sutra, you have to get home where you belong.

Guest EmilyandSioux

We love boring xrays!!! We sent our xrays out to a board certified Radiologist. It was cool we just emailed them over and had a report in under 30 min. We loved to make sure the xrays were boring with them. The medication is probably Cerenia. It has been out a few years and works wonders. We used it on almost all vomiting cases that came in the clinic.

I went to see him this morning and he wouldn't eat for me. He had some bloody diarrhea around 7am and again at 11. He has not had an episode since. He needs to eat something though so they can see if it will come out alright on the other end of things.

He was panting a lot when I saw him earlier, but he stopped once I got him to lay down and I just sat there rubbing his ears and belly. His fever has gone away, so that's good. His mouth was dry and sticky...so I think that's probably why he doesn't want to eat - he can't smell or taste anything very well.

I called again around 2 to check on him and he had drank some water and had started to at least SNIFF what they've offered to him (I took a bunch of different things over there for him)...but he hadn't eaten anything. I found out they gave him tramadol...THAT'S why he's been panting. I told them to take him off of it - if he doesn't need it it makes him restless and he will just pant and pace.

I'm to call again between 5 and 7 and see how he's doing, and go over to visit. I will be taking a pkg of fig newtons to see if he'll eat those. He MAY have to spend the night there again.

Usually they like to see them go 12 hours without diarrhea before they'll consider letting them go home, and it would be even better if he'd eat something and show some better stool.

I am moving some things around in the living room so he'll have a nice place out of the way to lay down and rest once he gets to come home. He'll need a bath too - that always seems to make him feel better.

Oh, the vet JUST called to update me before her shift ends - he's going out frequently and peeing like a good boy. Still no diarrhea, which is good, but, he still hasn't eaten anything either. I'm going to call around 7 to see how he's doing. If he hasn't had any more episodes, he can come home around 8 :yay

He is on all oral medications now, he is still receiving some fluids, but she has lowered his rate because he's doing well. She thinks it would be best if we can get him home to rest here. As long as we don't have any more vomiting or any more bloody diarrhea, he should be fine here and we can get him eating again. :nod

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Well, that was a good update. Fingers crossed that he's home with you tonight. Come on sweetie, you need to get better for mom.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest PhillyPups

:hope For no more episodes and Sweet Sutra can come home and recuperate in his own familiar surroundings. :hope

:bighug For you Kristin

Guest TeddysMom

I am praying that Sutra gets to come home tonight. I will continue checking for updates and hope they are all good. :goodluck

Guest SusanP

I just saw this! Kristin, the update sounded pretty good. I hope he has continued to improve since then and can come home with you asap. Sending healing thoughts and waiting for more news.

I'M LEAVING NOW TO GO GET MY BUDDY BOY!!! :confetti

I can't wait to get him home...it just doesn't feel right here without him.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

Hope he's soon home and feeling better. :goodluck

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest EmilyandSioux

Yeah. Now if he will just stay that way. Hope he has a good night and rests well. Prayers are still coming

Well, he's home, but still not feeling well.

I gave him a bath as he was really stinky and I thought he would sleep better after a bath (I know I always do!). He's resting on his bed, all covered up (he was shivering a bit and now I am worried I shouldn't have given him a bath :unsure).

I hope he gets a good night's sleep and decides to eat something for me tomorrow. I have to get up at 3am to give him the sucralfate. I think he has been on some narcotics, so he is a little bit out of it yet. I hope that wears off too...might have something to do with him not wanting to eat anything.

I stopped at the store and bought some organic canned pumpkin, and some oatmeal cream pies. I figure getting him to eat anything at this point is good. He's made it clear that he just wants to rest right now, so I'm listening. I know that sounds a little bit "crazy" but I'm usually able to read him when he's pretty adamant about something. I offered him some Ensure and then the oatmeal cream pie...he sniffed both at first but then gave me the "mom, just leave me alone!" look and put his head back on his pillow and nuzzled in.

Thank you all for your prayers...at the moment they seem to be working. If you could spare some good BIG APPETITE thoughts, that would be great.

387257730.jpg

Guest Ohiogreymom

Poor baby, he looks SO tired. Hopefully, after a good nights rest (in his own bed), he'll be hungry. I sure hope so!. :goodluck:kiss2 Darlene

Sweet boy, it's exhausting for them to be in the hospital. Sheila was in for two nights and I remember how exhausted and super stinky she was when she came home. Dream of hamburgers and all sorts of stinky yummy stuff tonight, Sutra, so you'll be good and hungry in the morning!

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014