Please Keep Us In Your Thoughts- It Is Hip And Spine Cancer

Guest BooBooMama

There are no words... :grouphug May the time you have together be peaceful.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:grouphug It's so hard to know that there's something there. At least for now, she's happy. Sending good thoughts for you :grouphug

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest BooBooMama

:grouphug It's so hard to know that there's something there. At least for now, she's happy. Sending good thoughts for you :grouphug

Here is a little laugh I can share with you. BooBoo began whining persistently about an hour ago. It was 1 hour before she needed her meds but I gave them to her to stop the pain. A half hour goes by- she is still whining and won't stop. OMG I thought- this is it. I rush to her side to pet her and she starts sniffing my hands. I had just eaten a slice of pizza (I haven't eaten in two days- just fruit and yogurt- things I can grab fast so that I can stay with her.) She suddenly jumps up and dashes into the kitchen and starts doing her 'begging dance' in front of the counter where the pizza is.

:rofl

Was there some left for her?

Hugs and hopes you two get some more smiles together.

It is hard, and yet ..... thank goodness she has you to watch out for her.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh crap! :( What a rotten diagnosis. :cry1 Cherish every moment with your precious BooBoo and be strong for her. She doesn't know she's sick. Sending lots of prayers and light. :hope:candle

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest BooBooMama

I am so very sorry to hear this.

Thank you. Ironically after you post I had called them to make an appointment to see their ortho surgeon next week about laser treatments. But when her whines became more and more anxious sounding I knew I couldn't wait and brought her in for an emergency visit. We compared the x-ray to the one taken in Feb- BIG difference. Initially it mimicked the symptoms of sciatica and the x-rays didn't show anything. I thought we had 'dodged a bullet'.

Thank you for everything. It does my heart good to know that people with medical background post on this site. Much warmth to you. Keep me informed when your grey baby arrives. I can't wait to hear how Phantom likes his new 'sibling'.

Guest BooBooMama

:rofl

Was there some left for her?

Hugs and hopes you two get some more smiles together.

It is hard, and yet ..... thank goodness she has you to watch out for her.

I got the pizza- she got the crust! (Her favorite part- plus no onions or garlic.)

I am very sorry to hear this about Booboo. Give her all your love as I am sure you will and spoil her rotten. You will both be in out thoughts.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest BooBooMama

Hi All,

First let me thank all of you for your kind words and support these last few days. They meant more to me than words describe.

Last night BooBoo was in a lot of pain and the meds just weren't helping. I gave her 1/2 of a sedative to help her rest but her breathing became labored- she was just too weak for all of the heavy meds and you could almost feel her pain. We could not wait until our vet's office opened so I call my BooBoo's foster mom and told her it was time. I took her to our local emergency animal hospital and we helped my little sweetheart cross over. Now she is no longer in pain. She was so strong and such a fighter right up to the end.

Now I am both numb and in pain at her loss but I know it was her time.

Much warmth,

Gigi

Gigi, I can definitely feel your pain. {{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}

(I lost my 2nd in two months Monday)

Oh, Gigi, I am so sorry. You did *everything* you could for BooBoo, including your last act of kindness. bighug.gif

There are so many hearts hurting lately. MP, omg, so sorry. bighug.gif

I know that life isn't supposed to be fair, but, I just don't get it. Please take good care of yourselves.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Just read your email, I can't even tell you how sorry I am. God bless you for putting her needs before your own.

Please, call me anytime, even if it's just to cry. Your little baby girl fought with such dignity and grace.

God speed to you baby girl, knowing how very much you are loved.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest mdituro

We are so very, very sorry for your loss. While your pain is still so fresh, it's hard to wrap your mind around the fact that what you did for BooBoo was the single hardest act of kindness there is. Just know that BooBoo is running pain free at the Bridge with my 2 girls (and many others) and I'm sure that they all know how much they were loved. My deepest sympathy to you and your family.

flowers_pink.gifghrun.gifflowers_pink.gif

Mary Ann, Dave, & Orley

Lily & Fortune at the Bridge

{{{{{{{{{{Gigi}}}}}}}}}}

Thank you for taking such good care of your BooBoo and always being there for her.

Godspeed, most precious girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh, no! I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet, beautiful BooBoo.

Rest in peace, sweetheart.

:grouphug:f_red

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest fandogs

Gigi, Booboo will watch over you from above.. give you strength in wonderful memories, and her spirit will protect you every day.

Run pain free Booboo.

I'm so sorry to read this. Love her extra every day and make lots of memories. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown