Zeus - My Baby Boy Is Gone

Guest PhillyPups

Guest PhillyPups

I am ripped - will post a tribite to my most magnificent companion later. I am so blindsided by the ferocity and swiftness of this cancer.

My beautiful baby boy -

Zeus.jpg

Run with the angels my love. I tried to fix you, there was no fix. I took your pain and will carry if in my heart forever ~

I love and miss you so much ~

Love always ~

Mom

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG, I can't believe this. I am so sorry.

I do hate cancer. It is the thief who robs us, everyday, of those we love.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Pat, you have no idea how badly I wanted to keep driving to your home after work last night, but it just was not feasible. Just wanted to be there for you and Zeus and the rest of the Philly pups. But part of this experience is also a private and solo journey, sharing the last moments with him, crying the hot tears as we release them.

You know that I am a phone call away.

Peace to you, and to dear Zeus, who gave so much and asked for so little. Pain free, worry free now. Zeus you know that we will take care of your mom, until you meet again.

flowers_yellow.gifflowers_yellow.gifflowers_yellow.gif

love, sue

Edited by dex95lucy

Guest caiteag

Pat, I am so so sorry... my heart is breaking for you.

Zeus will always be remembered by so many of us...

Run free handsome Zeus.. and know that we're here fighting this evil disease still in your name along with too many other beloved houndies who have lost the fight.

Oh Pat, I am so sorry! Such a beautiful boy. Godspeed Zeus.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

I woke up at 6:00 this morning, thought of you and Zeus and started crying. I'm so sorry Pat. I know how hard this has been on you. You did all for your boy you could. He is pain free again, and reunited with his beloved Stepper. A huge hug to you sweetie.

Godspeed sweet Zeus.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I have been thinking of you all morning. I hope you felt my presence.

I too, wish I were able to drive to Philly to be there for you.

I am so, so sorry my friend. I am here if you need me. :grouphug

Rest well beautiful Zeus. I am so thrilled I had the chance to meet you and stoke your soft fur. No more pain now. :gh_run

oh no :cry1 :cry1 :cry1

I am so very very sorry, Pat!!!! :cry1 :cry1 :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Run with the angels sweet one and thank you for all you did.

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

pat, i'm very sorry to read this about zeus. i wish i could've met him.

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg

Guest paulownedbyfour

Pat,

You gave the greatest gift to Zeus. First a place to call home,where through the years he found love and comfort. You then gave him the most unselfish love, letting him go to the bridge where he will run pain free. He has met up with the Phillypups "Original Guard" , as they run together forever God Speed Sweet Zeus.

http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

:f_redf_yellow:f_red

Edited by paulownedbyfour