Still In Grief...

Guest GreytfulJack

Guest GreytfulJack

In the past two years I have lost two greys to cancer. After Casey passed this winter I had made the decision not to adopt for awhile. I have a lot going on in my life right now and I need some time...

We still have my terrier, Sweetie. She is a bundle of energy we adopted from Puerto Rico about 6 years ago. She is LOVING being the only dog and we are adjusting to having just her.

I was shopping for cat food and dog treats this afternoon and I began to I feel so sad and empty. I missed my dogs. I was sad I was not adopting for a long time. I wondered if I had made the right decision. It passed as I drove home but I think many of us who love our pets SO very much, are left with a certain sense of loss that unless you have loved a pet, you don't quite understand how much they touch our souls.

I feel we are the lucky ones, even in our sadness, to have been a part of their lives...I know I am.

Prayers to all of us who grieve...xo

post-15125-12712852896262.jpg

Guest Heehoo

I know what you mean. I have boarded mine before when going on a trip & the house is so empty except for the cats. My life feels so empty at that moment. After I fell in 2008 & broke my ankle leg & arm, I stayed at my sister's farm for a month & she has a dog but he completely ignored me. I longed for my own pups. Every time I'd get lonely, I'd look at the pictures I had saved on my cell phone.

Indeed we are the lucky ones. They are special spirits who visit us for a short time and leave us with happy memories. When we lost 2 of our 4, our house felt empty and we were empty as well (the two remaining are small dogs). So we jumped into the Greyhound world and will never look back. Love them while you have them.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest GreytfulJack

All these replies are so special...I begin my school vacation this week and will be alone. Just reading these lifts the heart and makes me go forward. I hope the same for everyone who is struggling and for those who have just recently lost their grey. :heart :heart :grouphug

God send us angels...sometimes they have skin on...sometimes they are furry and have four legs.

Gentle hugs to all those who are grieving.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Guest SkipperAnnie

I agree with you - I had never had a dog in my life until a sweet gentle Grey entered it 11 1/2 years ago...I lost her 75 days ago and, like you, have decided not to get another one... yet there is this HUGE sense of loss in my life. I come here often to read everyone's posts, just to know I'm not alone, which helps...but...recently I decided to be a foster mom starting in May...sort of getting my feet wet again, but I need to be reminded of all the joy and silly fun these greys can be, because all I've done for 75+ days is cry over the loss of my Annie.

My life was never the same once she entered it - what a lucky person I am.

All these replies are so special...I begin my school vacation this week and will be alone. Just reading these lifts the heart and makes me go forward. I hope the same for everyone who is struggling and for those who have just recently lost their grey. heart.gifheart.gifgrouphug.gif

kiss1.gif Take good care of yourself.

I agree with you - I had never had a dog in my life until a sweet gentle Grey entered it 11 1/2 years ago...I lost her 75 days ago and, like you, have decided not to get another one... yet there is this HUGE sense of loss in my life. I come here often to read everyone's posts, just to know I'm not alone, which helps...but...recently I decided to be a foster mom starting in May...sort of getting my feet wet again, but I need to be reminded of all the joy and silly fun these greys can be, because all I've done for 75+ days is cry over the loss of my Annie.

My life was never the same once she entered it - what a lucky person I am.

grouphug.gif (mini hijack ... i think it's alright, tho.)

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Guest 4baddogs

You can see in my siggy that we've nearly lost one a year, every year for the past 4 years. After Jesse died, I said no more because I couldn't handle it emotionally. Since Zoe died in February, I've watched Kirby become depressed, lose weight and just look so very sad. It kills me, but I know it's more important to put his needs and well being ahead of mine. So, today we looked at a dog for him. He'll meet her on Wednesday and if he approves and they get along, he'll have a new sister. She's a non-grey (an Australian Cattle Dog who's oh, so sweet!) and then we'll get another grey. The more the merrier. :)

We'll never stop missing our dogs who've left us. I still cry for them and miss them every day.

Guest jerrybird

My heart goes out to all those that have lost a pup. Somedays, I just can't visit the remembrance pages. I don't think you ever get over losing something that you love so much.

Guest PhillyPups

I so know what you are saying. I did lose 4 in the past 4 years. My most recent loss was last Thursday of my beloved Zeus. Three weeks ago today the first lump appeared. Cancer has robbed me once again like a thief in the night. I took their pain and carry it forever in my heart so they can run pain free.

As I sit reading this, my sweet Mama Dawg, Gremlin came over and put her head on my lap, knowing I need her comfort, Moe is standing on my other side. Gremlin is 12 and has her first gotcha day in a week, Moe, another farm girl is 11 and has her first gotcha day in July. The love of my hounds gets me through everything. My hounds and my friends here are carrying me through this difficult time.

I believe my hounds are given to we, the chosen few, as angels here on earth to teach us lessons. I have learned from each and every one of them. When their work is done, it is in their honor that I bring in another to keep their spot on the couch warm, as their spot in my heart is always theirs.

As long as I am able, I will always have at least one Mama Dawg and one goofy boy in my home.

:bighug to all.

I've always felt I am a better human being for having loved and been loved by them. They are always with me -- part of the best of who and what I am.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown