Can I Use 4-Letter Words In A Topic Title?

Guest bigorangedog

Guest bigorangedog

Well, it looks like Whitey's cancer is back in his other front leg. He started to have some swelling around the wrist joint a couple weeks ago. Took him to the vet and did an xray which did not show anything obvious. She figured that he had overdone it, because he does really throw himself around and even digs holes with that one front leg. So we assumed that he had injured the joint. He was also generally achey, so we took him to the chiropractic vet today. She looked at the xray and felt around, and she found that he seems to be painful over the bone (the ulna) not the joint. If you REALLY look, you can maybe see a little bit of missing cortex on part of the ulna in the rads, but as we know, the cancer can progress quite a bit before it shows up on rads. It's pretty much a 99% chance at this point that it's the osteo, and there's not a damn thing we can do about it.

I'm just pissed. It's not fair to White. He was bounced between foster homes for 2 years, and when he finally got to us - a family who would love him and never leave him - he got his osteo Dx 2 weeks later. We did everything right. We thought we had caught it early, did an amp, did chemo, did nutritional supplements, Artemisinin, low-carb diet... And it's only been 4 months. He's been so happy, perky, bopping around and stalking 2-yr-old Hank. I wanted him to be able to enjoy this "good life" full of his pick of the most favored dog beds, trips to Arby's, and anything else he wants, for a long time. It just plain sucks.

I love this Small White Dog. At night, he likes to sleep with that one front foot resting on my face. Damn hell.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry. Sending good thoughts for you both.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest Energy11

THERE AREN'T ENOUGH four letter words when it comes to stinkin' CANCER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!angryfire.gif

I am sooo sorry to hear about Whitey! UNFAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But, the boy has surely had some good times with you guys, and may, very well, have quite a few more. Pain management is key here, as I am sure you know.

Sending love, hugs and mountains of prayers your way!

Guest PhillyPups

Oh Jan, this so sukks!! Thank DoG they live in the moment and his moments are wrapped up in your love.

:bighug to you :kiss2 for Whitey

I agree with Dee, there aren't enough 4 letter words to capture the feeling of this disease.

You both are in my prayers, and I will light a candle for Whitey

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Oh Jen,

We are so sorry. The same thing happened to Notie. Only it was within weeks of his amputation. Please let Dr Couto know at OSU. He use to tell me this was very rare, but it doesn't seem to be rare anymore.

:angryfire

Cora and the furkids

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

I'm very sorry to hear this :(:grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest SueG201

Cancer sucks, there is not enough four letter words for this disease, I am sorry to hear

that the cancer returned Gentle Hugs to you and Whitey

Guest eaglflyt

Well, it looks like Whitey's cancer is back in his other front leg. He started to have some swelling around the wrist joint a couple weeks ago. Took him to the vet and did an xray which did not show anything obvious. She figured that he had overdone it, because he does really throw himself around and even digs holes with that one front leg. So we assumed that he had injured the joint. He was also generally achey, so we took him to the chiropractic vet today. She looked at the xray and felt around, and she found that he seems to be painful over the bone (the ulna) not the joint. If you REALLY look, you can maybe see a little bit of missing cortex on part of the ulna in the rads, but as we know, the cancer can progress quite a bit before it shows up on rads. It's pretty much a 99% chance at this point that it's the osteo, and there's not a damn thing we can do about it.

I'm just pissed. It's not fair to White. He was bounced between foster homes for 2 years, and when he finally got to us - a family who would love him and never leave him - he got his osteo Dx 2 weeks later. We did everything right. We thought we had caught it early, did an amp, did chemo, did nutritional supplements, Artemisinin, low-carb diet... And it's only been 4 months. He's been so happy, perky, bopping around and stalking 2-yr-old Hank. I wanted him to be able to enjoy this "good life" full of his pick of the most favored dog beds, trips to Arby's, and anything else he wants, for a long time. It just plain sucks.

I love this Small White Dog. At night, he likes to sleep with that one front foot resting on my face. Damn hell.

On, I can't stand it for you and Whitey. I'm really, really hoping that it's NOT osteo and just a really stressed area of bone. Can you send the films to Dr. Couto for a 2nd opinion?

I'm praying for you and Whitey.

Guest Smiley

There are just no words for how awful and sucky this is. I am so, so sorry Jen. I know where you are at and it's completely devastating-the rollar coaster of despair to hope to despair is heartbreaking. I am just so sad for you and Whitey. If there is anything I can do, please just say the word. Please give your boy a huge hug for me and one for yourself too.