Good News For H&m

We brought in all 5- (still getting used to saying 5)

Teddy for his annual.

Chloe for her T4

Elsie for her nails and to make sure she has no more lumps or bumps. She has gotten testy with ME checking all of a sudden.

Ollie's ears.

And Beau Beau for his nails and weight check....

Teddy got just rabies and distemper- weight holding steady @ 80. Lean, ribs showing and very muscular. Beautiful boy.

Chloe has gained 3 pounds and is up to 71. Doesn't look heavy but we won't let that get away from us. She tends to gain 2 or 3 in the winter especially because of her thyroid.

Elsie- thank GOD- lump and bump free and she gained 5 pounds. Her racing weight was 63. She looks good.

Beau- holding steady at 64. His racing weight was 63. He looks greyt. The budesonide was the best thing we could have done. He is soooooooooooooooooooooooo back.

And The Ollister is up to 87 pounds and yet all ribs show. He has gained 17 pounds since we got him back in late November but he was 11 pounds BELOW racing weight when we got him. He looks greyt now. He could use another 3 but he could stay where he is too.

He does have an ear infection, secondary to the scratching/inflammation.

All nails done. Everyone had their heartworm. a 50 minute vet visit and everyone is happy, especially mommy!!!

To give you all an idea of just how mellow and unfazed Ollie is about things, while the others were getting nails or blood done, he was laying out sleeping on the floor as oppossed to everyone else who was trying to hide so they did not have to be next. My 4 greyhounds and Ollie, the dog!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Beau- holding steady at 64. His racing weight was 63. He looks greyt. The budesonide was the best thing we could have done. He is soooooooooooooooooooooooo back.

Well, now. :)

I know you know how scared I was to change from pred to the budesonide. There were no or very few clinical trials especially with GH - it was all antedotal. Even Dr. Couto had no experience with it but wished me luck. My vet did her reading last year and said there was nothing new but if I wanted to try it, she was on board. He was just so flat and nothing like the Beau I once knew. It wasn't my dog. to have this insane puppy back - there are no words. He is not scavenging around looking for food and just laying there catatonic. Well, maybe that is a bit of an exaggeration, but he was pretty flat from being on the pred for so long.

Very pleased.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Wonderful news! all around, and this isn't where I remind you I still crush on Ollie in a big way, no pun intended. So glad your pups are doing so well, but of course they are, they have your care!

Well, now. smile.gif

I know you know how scared I was to change from pred to the budesonide. There were no or very few clinical trials especially with GH - it was all antedotal. Even Dr. Couto had no experience with it but wished me luck. My vet did her reading last year and said there was nothing new but if I wanted to try it, she was on board. He was just so flat and nothing like the Beau I once knew. It wasn't my dog. to have this insane puppy back - there are no words. He is not scavenging around looking for food and just laying there catatonic. Well, maybe that is a bit of an exaggeration, but he was pretty flat from being on the pred for so long.

Very pleased.

We keep an eye out for Beau, as you might suspect. Very pleased to hear this! "Anecdotal" can be very important information. Even data aren't applicable to every situation. Btw, if you learn anything about how to remedy hair loss in long-term budesonide use, Spencer would really like to know! smile.gif

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

I can only imagine what people in the waiting room were thinking with all those greys :lol

Our vets see a lot of greyhounds. When I was there, 2 were leaving, 2 were coming in but we win with the most!

Robin this is such great news! I'm thrilled for you...great news all around and ESPECIALLY for Beau and Elsie! :)

One year I took the 4 dogs (we didn't have Sutra yet) AND the 2 cats. That was a little bit much - carrying a cat carrier along with walking the dogs was tough! Sounds like Mr. Ollie was the perfect patient :) Fritz often lays on the floor when we're waiting for the doc to come in - in the winter the floors are warm because they're heated, and in the summer they're nice and cool B)

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

I always look for updates on Beau, Elsie and all your pups (and I too have a crush on Ollie - there's just something about that face! inlove.gif ). What a happy vet visit for you - all good news, great reports on weight - it just can't get much better. clap.gif

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

That is all good news, especially about Beau and Elsie! And what about Ollie???

"And The Ollister is up to 87 pounds and yet all ribs show. He has gained 17 pounds since we got him back in late November but he was 11 pounds BELOW racing weight when we got him. He looks greyt now. He could use another 3 but he could stay where he is too."

Good lord, we should call him 'tank'! And here I was happy my boys have both gained some weight with Charlie topping the scales at 78.5lbs!!!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

That is all good news, especially about Beau and Elsie! And what about Ollie???

"And The Ollister is up to 87 pounds and yet all ribs show. He has gained 17 pounds since we got him back in late November but he was 11 pounds BELOW racing weight when we got him. He looks greyt now. He could use another 3 but he could stay where he is too."

Good lord, we should call him 'tank'! And here I was happy my boys have both gained some weight with Charlie topping the scales at 78.5lbs!!!

Tank!!! :lol:lol:lol

He is a really big dog. His paws are as big as my fists!

Guest ScottH

GREYT news!!!

I'm looking forward to seeing you and Rich plus the gang again next month in Gettysburg. Really excited about meeting Elsie & Ollie.

Wonderful news...you really deserved some good news though! I'm glad all your persistence, patience, experimentation, hope, fear, and most important, love paid off this time.

Hopefully, we get to meet again at GIG this year.

Jan

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

we are so glad to hear that you finally had some good news after a vet visit! you guys deserve it after all you've been through. we will look for you guys at getty.

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

What a boring post. And how fabulous is that!!!!!!yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Great news!!!! Ollister and my Maxster are tanks, my big bubba weighs 87 lbs too, he was @ 89.7 in December but he is very tall like a small horse!

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten