Wilbur ....

Guest Energy11

Guest Energy11

I know this thread will be locked, but, I figured, if I started here, a lot more of you would see it.

I just got a call from Adrianne, Wilbur's Mom. Wilbur is gone. She isn't up to posting, so I told her I would.

You all might remember, yesterday, Wilbur woke up with those red raised-type "sores," Well, this morning, they were huge, and Wilbur couldn't stand. It was Hemangioscaroma! Given the fact Wilbur has been losing weight, etc., the Hemangio was there for a while. As a lot of you know, this is an AGGRESSIVE form of cancer, with no treatment or cure.

Handsome, cute, funny Wilbur, who has been through sooo much, is now, at The Bridge, running with all of our others, and pain-free.

Adrianna will post something on Remembernce when she is able. I did tell her, when she is "ready," there are a lot of deserving greyts out there, looking for wonderful home, like she gave her Wilbur! I'd LOVE to help her find her next baby.

Wilbur was her first greyhound, ... her heart dog! God Speed you, dearest Wilbur.

Wish I didn't have to write this, and I grieve with you.

flowers_red.gifrungrey.gif

Edited by Energy11

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no! I am so sorry.

Rest in peace, sweet Wilbur.

:grouphug:f_red

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

And yet another person who has been robbed of their beloved grey by that monster cancer. My heart goes out to Adrianne. I've been following along with Wilbur's progress and I know that she fought so hard for him, this is just so devestating.

Rest sweet Wilbur, your pain is gone.

flowers_red.gif

:( :( :( :( :(

I'm so sorry to hear this! :cry1 :cry1 :cry1

sending hugs out to Adrianne :grouphug :grouphug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Adrianne, if you are reading this, please know that I am so, so sorry. Your love for Wilbur has been woven throughout all of your posts. What a lucky pup to have a mom who loved him so. My thoughts are with you.

Jenn, missing Shadow (Wickford Big Tom), Pretty Girl (C's Pretty) and Tori (Santoria)

Thanks for letting us know.

Hemangiosarcoma is as ugly as it gets.

{{{{{{{{{{Adrianne & DH}}}}}}}}}}

Run and play among the stars, sweet Wilbur.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so very sorry. Wilbur and Mom fought that fight so hard and together. My heart is breaking for you.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Oh my gosh. I can't believe it. I had so hoped he was getting better. I'm so very sorry. I too know how hard it is to lose one so suddenly to hemangio. My thoughts and prayers are with her. Godspeed Wilbur.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

This is beyhound heartbreaking. Oh Adrianne, I am so very sorry. My heart is just broken for you. There are no words. Know that I am holding you from across the miles in a gentle hug.

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Run free beautiful Wilbur, your struggle has touched so many peoples hearts and you will be remembered forever.

Say hi to my Angel Outlaw for me, he struggled too. Now you can both run and play together pain free on 4 good legs

This is beyond heartbreaking. I am so so sorry.

We all love our pups, but her love was so strong and came through every word she posted about him.

It helped us all know him through her love.

God speed to you handsome boy, knowing how very much you are loved and will be greatly missed.

Run with all our Angels Wilbur, until you and those who love you meet again.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless