We Had To Put Ace Down Today

Guest zombrie

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping he would improve. I'm so sorry you had to say good-bye. Please be comforted

by the fact that he knew love at the end. RIP, sweet baby.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

i was so sorry to read about ace today. i was hoping that he would improve. he knew he was loved at the end.

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

Guest Energy11

THIS is sooo sad!!!!!!!!! But, at least he was with caring people like YOU before he passed ... he knew he was loved! God Speed Ace! Love, Dee, John, Curfew, Goldie, Oakly, Staggerlee and Cari. Bob, Energy, Dasher, and Max, meeting Ace at The Bridge! flowers_red.gifflowers_red.gifflowers_red.gifflowers_red.gifflowers_red.gif

I am so sorry. Thank you for taking care of your handsome boy in his time of need.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I'm so sorry that Ace didn't make it & I'm sorry for your loss. For you were his forever home & I'm sure he knew that. Godspeed Ace! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest mcsheltie

I am so very sorry. As far as Ace was concerned, he had found his forever home. You filled his last days with love and he'll be yours forever.

How incredibly sad. I'm so sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Ace.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Oh, how terribly sad. :weep

I am so sorry.

Run free, sweet Ace.

:grouphug:f_red

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest zoolaine

I'm so sorry. Thank you for taking Ace in and loving him. I believe that dogs live in the moment and Ace passed only feeling the love you had for him. Your love and kindness erased the years of neglect he lived under. He may have started as a foster but he finished as your forever dog. :grouphug