My Tripod Whippet Zoey

Guest CampWhippet

Guest CampWhippet

MBIS, MBISS, MBPIS, National Select, Am/Can Ch. Eclipse Envy of Sporting Field

Zoey was a retired show dog who came to me two years after falling ill and retiring from showing. The year after she arrived she became a tripod and spent long walks in her chair, although short walks she used her last good leg. A few weeks ago she started to lose the ability to use that leg and when she could no longer walk I let her go with the dignity she deserved. Many of you have seen the Youtube videos and pictures of her summer travels to Montana and her days coming to school with me. She touched many lives over the course of her very accomplished show carreer and fight against pretty tall odds once she became sick.

Her accomplishment in the show ring has been bested by just one other dog since the 1920's, and that was her grandfather. Her US record: 18 Best In Show, 1 Best Puppy in Show, 3 Best In Specialty Show, 76 Group 1, 182 Best of Breeds (including BOB & Group 4 at Westminster), and many Group placements. She was in the Top 10 2004-2007. She was Hound of the Year 2003 in Canada. And in the US 2005's #1 Whippet, #3 Hound, #25 All Breed. But her greatest accomplishment in my eyes was her lessons she taught the 1000+ school children she met and showed that despite a pretty serious handicap, life was what you made of it. And Zoey lived every day to the fullest.

Run fast again my sweet Zoey.

my2ndlove.jpg

HPIM0561.jpg

zoeycliff.jpg

zoeyestes6-1.jpg

FBpprofilepic.jpg

Edited by CampWhippet

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MomoftheFuzzy

I'm so sorry for your loss, Jonathan. I'm so glad you got to have good memories (and the photos to go along with it) of your time hiking with her this past summer.

:grouphug

Oh, no. I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Zoey.

Run free at the Bridge, sweetheart.

:f_pink

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

I'm so sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Zoey.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest greytfulhounds

Jonathan, I am so very sorry for your loss. :cry1 Zoey was a beautiful girl and an inspiration on how to live life & handle the difficult things life sends your way. You were both so very lucky to have had each other. :bighug

Godspeed sweet Zoey.

:f_pink:gh_run:f_pink

What an exceptional dog she was!

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Zoey.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I am sorry for your loss and of those who had the prvilege of meeting her. To be blessed with such a special pup is rare.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I am so sorry Jonathan. I hope that the wonderful memories you have of Zoey will bring you comfort in the days ahead.

Hugs,

Carol Ann

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.