Prayers And Good Thoughts Needed!

Guest Energy11

Guest Energy11

Hello All!

I am here again, asking for prayers and good thoughts for a friend's greyhound.

Syd, only 7, developed seizure-like symptoms this morning. He spent the day at the vets, and was on a IV drip. They think it is Vestibular Disease. The vet says, "it doesn't look good," but as we know, especially at that age, things can turn around.

Jean, his Mom, just lost her special boy, Guy, a few months ago, and is a mess. She is picking Syd up right now, and transferring him to the E-Vets for overnight monitoring.

I am asking you all for "Power of Greytalk," for Jean and for her baby boy, Syd.

Thank you so very much! I told her I would post this for her. Love and thanks! Dee :candle:hope

Edited by Energy11

Guest Energy11

I don't know how to post updated, but Jean just called. They found a mass on Syd's spleen, and they think it is cancer that has metastasized to the brain, causing the seizure and neurological symptoms. His temperature is also going up steadily. They told Jean to, "get right over there ..." She is prepared to send him to The Bridge if that is what is best for him.

Please pray hard! Dee

Sending prayers for Syd. :hope:hope

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

Guest Energy11

Just talked to Jean's vet on the phone. They think it is a hemangiosarcoma, that has moved to the brain. The vet thinks Syd is bleeding into his brain, as he is has nystagmus and his temp is up to 107, even with cooling blankets, etc.

Jean said, Syd is "already halfway to The Bridge," and she is sending him the rest of the way.

Thank you for your prayers for this very young boy! Wayyy too much cancer in these dogs!!! Way way too much!

God Speed Syd to The Rainbow Bridge! Bob, Energy, Dasher, Max, and all the others, please watch for him!

Thank you! Dee

Edited by Energy11

Guest Energy11

Thank you all for your good thoughts and prayers! I have been on the phone all afternoon with Syd's Mom and his good friend, and mine, too. They are a mess.

They taught us in Paramedic school, to be the strong ones. Not to show how we feel/emotions, and try to be there for our patients. I did that today, but boy oh boy ... it takes it toll on our souls ... our beings! ... But, it helps those who need someone to be strong ... so .... we do it.

I am glad this boy didn't suffer, and his mom was there to help him over to the other side!

As I look out the west side of my home, the brightly colored leaves, bright sun, and a hint of the mountains on the horizon ... this tells me, Syd is "home," and safe with all those at The Bridge.

I'm so very sorry for their loss! :( :( :( :(

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

:(

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png