Outlaw Is Hurting... Day #38 Update 9/3 Am

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Guest SoulsMom

Holly, I haven't posted but have been following your crazy ride and keeping you both in my thoughts. Outlaw is a remarkable hound :grouphug

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TheUnrulyHound

He is still a bit wobbly but he is eating and drinking well :) Tonite is a good night so far and there has been no sign of his limping getting any worse. So hopefully it was just a fluke :hope I have started feeding him his same amount of food stretched out to four times a day since he seems to always be hungry, at least he feels like he is getting fed more but really just more often. Inbetween meals he gets his favorite muffins here and there sometimes filled with pills, they are so easy to give that way :)

As for how I am doing? I keep upbeat around him and make sure that he has everything he needs. I know he is weak but he is still fighting and still has joy in his days. You should see his face shine ten times brighter when His Daddy comes home, he just loves Jason and smiles so big. We are up and down but I try to act like all is well around Outlaw to keep him happy and to not stress him out. He picks up on those things very quickly. We are doing ok though, some days are harder than others and I can't leave him alone for very long but he is worth it. In the 21 days he has been hurting I have probably left the house five times, less than an hour and a half each time. He gets so stressed out when we are gone I just cant bear to leave him. Tomorrow I have to go to the grocery store and I feel guilty :( But he will be ok.... he gets the bedroom to himself and it is all carpet so he can't slip and fall and there is no one to bump into him. Hopefully all will return to normal again soon.

Checking on you and your boy this morning and hoping the coming days are more up than down.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

You are a very wise and compassionate Mom. Knowing that they pick up on our stress and sadness, keeping upbeat for him is one of the best things you can do for Outlaw. It's hard, but worth it, for as you said, "there is joy in his days".

You are ALL in my prayers.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Just got a chance to catch up on this thread. How hard this must all be on you. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you. Get bettah Outlaw.

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Outlaw is doing much better today :) though he is still stumbling and actually fell one time today, luckily I was right there to pick him back up. He is getting around on his own very well and even broke into a short little trot on the way inside after he went pee :D I am to the point of lowering his dose of pred down another notch and he is handling it very well. He whimpered once today while adjusting positions in his bed, I helped him put his leg in a better spot and he settled back down with a big sigh. Today he has also had a little more stamina, he usually returns to his bed after eating and going outside but decided to follow me thru the house a bit to see what was going on. Once I was seated on the couch next to his bed he stood next to me while I loved and petted on him :blush He is doing so good! :clap

Thanks again for all the prayers and good wishes, they have truly helped :beatheart Lets hope that there are no more setbacks :hope

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Well we had a hunger strike today...... cause momma ran out of Outlaws meatloaf :rolleyes: So here I am at 9pm with the food processor whipping up another batch :D

This sweet boy has me so wrapped :rotfl

He had another good day, but was up and around a little less than yesterday. Perhaps it just wasn't worth getting up if there was no meatloaf in the house hahahaha

That all I have time for today, I have an oven to monitor :rolleyes:

Guest 3greysinPA
Well we had a hunger strike today...... cause momma ran out of Outlaws meatloaf :rolleyes: So here I am at 9pm with the food processor whipping up another batch :D

This sweet boy has me so wrapped :rotfl

He had another good day, but was up and around a little less than yesterday. Perhaps it just wasn't worth getting up if there was no meatloaf in the house hahahaha

That all I have time for today, I have an oven to monitor :rolleyes:

hi Holly,

Get back to the meatloaf and the stove...

You might think about going into business with some meatloaf trays... i would buy them... :lol

and i am so glad he is having Good days... that is wonderful :yay:yay

Guest Flysmom

I am glad that Outlaw is doing better and hopefully he will eat his meatloaf tomorrow!

Sending scritches to him and Bumper.

Guest TheUnrulyHound

hahahahah!!! this boy won't let me get away with anything! Last night after the meatloaf was cooled and I was cutting it up to put in the freezer and fridge Outlaw decided he was REALLY hungry :rolleyes: so he had a midnight snack/meal ....... literally!!!!

Breakfast was gone in record time :P

Silly boy. He is sleeping the day away now