Outlaw Is Hurting... Day #38 Update 9/3 Am

Guest TheUnrulyHound

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Outlaw is having a bad day.... I won't elaborate now, I want to take him to the vet tomorrow....

I think right now he would eat anything that didn't try to eat him first, I made some more of Jackies muffins for him this morning and he loves them!!! The yeast was a non issue, I don't even thin he knew it was there :) Yesterday he ate what he normally would plus an extra cup of food cause he acted like he was starving!

More tomorrow......

Guest 3greysinPA
Outlaw is having a bad day.... I won't elaborate now, I want to take him to the vet tomorrow....

I think right now he would eat anything that didn't try to eat him first, I made some more of Jackies muffins for him this morning and he loves them!!! The yeast was a non issue, I don't even thin he knew it was there :) Yesterday he ate what he normally would plus an extra cup of food cause he acted like he was starving!

More tomorrow......

oh holly,

i'm sorry he is having a bad day...

going to send lots of prayers to Outlaw and hugs to you. :grouphug:grouphug:hope:hope:hope:hope

Holly - I just got a chance to catch up on Outlaw's thread and I've read many similarities in the symptoms he is experiencing as my Bumper. Not suggesting the cause is the same, but we are both going through a rough patch with our pups....I'm trying to get 14 pound back on Bumper, got Batmom's recipe (:cheers), ended up buying the Ruffwear Harness recommended by GreyPoopon (:cheers), giving steroids, pepcid, host of pain meds, and been sleeping on the family room floor for close to a month now. While Bump is slowly getting better, we have bad days - yesterday was one. He had no interest walking further than the driveway, was less steady on his feet, came in right after bathroom breaks, etc.

I am so glad to read that the panting is common with steroids. What we have noticed is that Bump pants as a signal he has to go to the bathroom. But it struck me as he would never pant like this before his 'issues'.

Anyway, I hope Outlaw's current 'bad day' isn't anything serious. Just wanted you to know he is not alone and Bump has a bad day about every 5. It's better than the bad days he had ALL the time in the beginning.

:hope for you and Outlaw and that he has a 'good' night tonight.

Doe's Bruciebaby Doe's Bumper

Derek

Follow my Ironman journeys and life with dogs, cats and busy kids: A long road

Sending gentle hugs and prayers for you and your boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest 3greysinPA

hi Holly

Just thinking of you today.. its MOnday... and i know you posted here that you were going to take OUtlaw back to the vet today..

so please keep us posted... our hearts and thoughts and healing white light are with you guys today...

:hope:hope:hope:candle:candle:candle:getwell:getwell:bighug:bighug

Holly,

We are sending lots more prayers for you and Outlaw... :grouphug:grouphug:getwell:hope:hope

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest TheUnrulyHound

"Honey, wake up..... Outlaw can't walk"

Nothing gets you out of bed quicker at 1 am. He was doing so good tilll Saturday evening I thought I noticed that he was limping not only on the right front leg but the right rear one too. I kinda dismissed it, thinking I must be crazy. He seemed to be trying to stay off that side alltogether :( Lately he has been waking us up at around 1 to go outside and pee so when Jason got up to let him out Outlaw was VERY unsteady and collapsed as he tried to step into the grass. After that he couldn't get up and couldn't hold any amount of weight on his rt rear leg. We got him settled back down on his bed and decided we would see how he was in the morning. It was worse. It took both of us to get him outside to pee then he seemed to regain some of his balance enough for me to get some video of him stumbling to send for opinions of what could be wrong.

Outlaw was in NO pain at all :dunno I almost decided it was the onset of fast paraylisis but I pinched his toe and he pulled it away so I knew that he could feel. He was eating like he couldn't get enough in him.

Jason and I got him settled again and just spent about an hour on the floor with him loving on him and telling him how good he was. We didn't say anything to eachother but later in the day we both agreed that we had been expecting that it may be Outlaws last day. He was just too... normal though. Except he couldn't walk.

Sometime around lunchtime while I was fixing him something to eat I hear this funny click clicking on the tile ( I can tell which dog is coming up to me by the way they walk :) ) I look down and there is Outlaw.... walking up to me with hardly any trouble at all :eek WTH????

He was wobbly but walking!!! I have no idea what happened, perhaps as one person suggested, he had twisted it funny but it was just weird all around. This morning he is walking like it never happened :dunno Outlaw is probably laughing at us :beatheart

So that was yesterdays scare... hopefully it won't happen again.... :hope

Guest MorganKonaAlex

What a roller coaster. Sorry if this is a repeat, but it's somewhat similar to Morgan's neck issues. He had several episodes of "throwing his neck out". Sometimes it resolved itself just as quickly; like something popped back into place. The 2nd episode that happened, I had to wait for the Vet to open to get the meds (pred., and muscle relaxer). I got back to the house and he was back to normal. After that, I just kept the meds on hand with dosing instructions. These things always seem to happen in the middle of the night or on week-ends.

:kiss2 to Outlaw.

Guest TheUnrulyHound
Holly - I just got a chance to catch up on Outlaw's thread and I've read many similarities in the symptoms he is experiencing as my Bumper. Not suggesting the cause is the same, but we are both going through a rough patch with our pups....I'm trying to get 14 pound back on Bumper, got Batmom's recipe (:cheers), ended up buying the Ruffwear Harness recommended by GreyPoopon (:cheers), giving steroids, pepcid, host of pain meds, and been sleeping on the family room floor for close to a month now. While Bump is slowly getting better, we have bad days - yesterday was one. He had no interest walking further than the driveway, was less steady on his feet, came in right after bathroom breaks, etc.

I am so glad to read that the panting is common with steroids. What we have noticed is that Bump pants as a signal he has to go to the bathroom. But it struck me as he would never pant like this before his 'issues'.

Anyway, I hope Outlaw's current 'bad day' isn't anything serious. Just wanted you to know he is not alone and Bump has a bad day about every 5. It's better than the bad days he had ALL the time in the beginning.

:hope for you and Outlaw and that he has a 'good' night tonight.

I just posted in Bumpers thread, both our boys are having good days!!! :clap:confetti Batmoms recipe is great, Outlaw is eating like he hasn't seen food in years. I am seeing a little more padding on him so that is a good thing. I don't know how much he has gained back though since luckily we have not had to return to the vet. Hopefully both our boys will continue to improve and gain weight :)

Guest 3greysinPA

oh Holly, what a horrible scare that was ... thank goodness he is ok now ...

How are you holding up thru all this? up and down and up and down?

many many hugs to you Holly and lots of love and kisses for OUtlaw, what a fighter he is.

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:kiss2:kiss2:kiss2:heart:heart:beatheart:beatheart