Outlaw Is Hurting... Day #38 Update 9/3 Am

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Guest greyt2love

Outlaw, you are so precious! Looking at your smile makes my eyes leak as I send prayers and very strong wishes for you to get up and walk . Please, sweetie !

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Outlaw, You are such a Cutie!!!!!!! :wub::kiss2:kiss2 We are saying lots of Prayers for you!!!! We really hope you feel better real soon!!!!!!!! :grouphug:hope

Edit: If you can smile and be happy than we know you are going to walk soon, You Just have tooooooo!!!!!!!Come On Sweetie you can do it!!!

Edited by 4greyhounds

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Only just seeing this particular report today......Oh God!! I hope the nerve specific meds help....

Praying hard for this smiley faced special boy......he deserves more time with you.....

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Still no change so far. I was messing with the rear leg that he can not use and I think I may have found a sore spot which may not sound like a good thing but it IS. In one way at least. It means the reason he is not using it is not because he can't feel it or because he can't physically use it. He is staying off it cause it hurts. Which means hopefully it can heal and/or be fixed. As long as it isn't the dreaded..... well lets cross that bridge when and if we come to it. I am going to try to get him to the vet tomorrow or at least call them to see what they think. It obviously doesn't hurt him too bad but he is on so much medication I am not sure how much it really actually hurts.... For now I am loving on him as much as possible. He ate dinner very well.

Claudia, I don't think it is how he is laying obviously, he lays on either side, usually whichever he collapses onto :(

Hope, I have not given up the thought of accupuncture.......

Someone mentioned a sling, he seems to freeze up with one :(

Someone mentioned a sling, he seems to freeze up with one :(

Might try one of these: http://www.sitstay.com/dog/supplies/servle...ss_13272_13976_

Looks heavy but is actually pretty light in weight. Not as supportive of the rear end as a sling, but lots better than a regular harness.

Hugs and scritchies to your handsome boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

How is Outlaw doing today? Such a beautiful, happy face in those photos. Perhaps that spot you discovered will be at the root of the problem and all fingers crossed that it will be a nice, easy thing to heal. Please hug your gorgeous boy for me!

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Outlaw was able to hobble his way out unassisted to do his business outside today. It is an ever so slight improvement. His back legs went out from under him three times while he waited for his breakfast in the kitchen though. He is too stubborn for his own good and demanded that he get to stand and wait. He ate good and is back to sleeping in my bedroom :( that is kinda a step backwards, he has been sleeping in the livingroom next to me during the day but now wants to stay back there on the carpet which is understandable, he can walk so much easier there. I have some material I will make him some non slip booties to wear since he resistes a sling so much. Maybe if I can keep his feet from sliding on the floor he will walk better. For now I am going to hold off on taking him to the vet, he is not in a lot of pain and I don't think that they can tell me anything different than to just keep him off of it. I fear that the trip to the vet would do more harm than good as he WILL NOT lay down in the car but stands the whole way. It would be better if two people could go but it is just me during vet business hours :( I will post more later when he gets up to move around at lunchtime to go out....

I haven't been on much lately, and missed the latest. I am so sorry Outlaw is still having problems :( I hope it is something that with time, will gradually get better. I know all about trying to help a dog that absolutely will not tolerate a sling! :bighug

Guest Ashley

Holly, I'm sorry to hear that Outlaw is still having trouble. I wish I was closer to you so I could go with you during vet hours :( You guys are in my thoughts and prayers!

Hoping and praying for better news tomorrow......

Holly you and outlaw are in our thoughts.

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

Sending more thoughts,prayrers, Bright light and hugs!!!!! :hope:hope:hope:grouphug:grouphug

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter