Outlaw Is Hurting... Day #38 Update 9/3 Am

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Guest TheUnrulyHound

The nutritional yeast will have to wait, as I can not get to health store without driving at least 30-40 minutes into town. I can see if Jason will pick some up tonite, any specific brand or type?I have never bought any before...

The meatloaf sounds great! (for Outlaw I mean :rolleyes: )I will be stopping by the little grocery store today after the post office and can pick up all that stuff to throw together :) He has gotten rather bored with the canned food that I have been mixing in... luckily I am in a baking/cooking mood (for him at least :D ) I have a food processor that I recieved for Christmas two years ago.... you know how many times I have used it? ONCE!!!! hahahah and THAT was for blending up dog food back when I was fostering Daddy Duke and trying to get HIM to eat :rotfl

Keep the ideas coming, I will be going to the store in a few hours... I will try to find this food thread that batmom speaks of...

Edited by TheUnrulyHound

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 3greysinPA

oh holly,

what a relief to start the day out in the right direction ... i am so happy to read your good news in your post from this morning..

YAY for Outlaw!!! I pray he continues down this path to recovery... I am so happy for you and him... :D

:yay:yay:thumbs-up:thumbs-up:confetti:confetti:clap:clap:bounce1:bounce1

Guest TheUnrulyHound

OK, just got off the phone with the vet, he is reducing the pred from 6 a day to three a day, I will give him two in the morning and one at night for a week then drop to three everyother day. He said if I see Outlaw slipping back into the pain to bump it right back up to 6 a day. Lets hope he stays comfy.....

Holly, as long as it's Nutritional Yeast, the brand doesn't matter.

Tomorrow morning I will be by a postal store, I have some at home if you want to try it. I can package some and get it sent overnight so you can start it right away.

Just call me or email, I'm not sure where I put your address.

Just let me know by morning (7am our time)

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Thankyou so much Claudia :) But thanks to a generous memeber of GT, there is some on the way to me :)

Thankyou to all the generous people on GT, I am truely blessed to be part of such a wonderful community of animal loving people :beatheart

Guest KyGrey

I am glad to hear he's still improving even if it is little by little.

Call me as soon as you get the package from Ky. I want to explain something.

Thankyou so much Claudia But thanks to a generous memeber of GT, there is some on the way to me

Hey, no beating me to the punch :lol

I hope it does what it did for Misty Holly, and many others

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

Some one tell me about the advantages of this yeast?? :huh

Nutritional Yeast is loaded with the B vitamins. It has B-1, B-2, B-3, B-6, B-12 along with a lot of other things like iron, Phosporus, Zinc, and the list goes on.

It's flakes that you sprinkle on their food. Has a cheesy taste and really increases appetite. It's helped a lot of sick pups start eating again including my own

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Guest TheUnrulyHound

outlaw-2.jpg

Here he is resting peacefully in the livingroom near me... not a peep from him when he settled down :) you can see how thin he has gotten and the sharp protrusion of the bone on his shoulder. The shoulder you can see is the one that hurts him so much......

Guest 3greysinPA
outlaw-2.jpg

Here he is resting peacefully in the livingroom near me... not a peep from him when he settled down :) you can see how thin he has gotten and the sharp protrusion of the bone on his shoulder. The shoulder you can see is the one that hurts him so much......

kisses for him :kiss2:kiss2

C'mon sweetie... eat for your momma

Acupuncture is another possibility I am considering......

I'm positive you will see improvement if you decide to venture along this path Holly........it worked for mine

You have regular visits with appointments close together at first and then they're spaced out until you only have to go for a 'top-up'. If I remember rightly I think it cost around £25 a session but that was quite a few years ago. It was money well spent though because my little Tess did brilliant with it...........

Sending positive healing prayers for Outlaw

And look after yourself too.

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

Oh I am so sorry to hear about this episode with Outlaw. No advice here but putting the white light, prayers and good thoughts all the way around for you and Outlaw.

I just thought of something else to consider because my grey was limping years ago blah blah. Ask the holistic vet about prolotherapy www.getprolo.com. My vet wanted to do the MRI and then surgery blah blah. We did a lot of PT, swimming, massage therapy, etc. but the only thing that worked was 6 sessions of prolotherapy. We saw a difference after one session. Couldn't hurt to talk to the vet about it.

Good to hear good news! Yea OUTLAW. Yes acupuncture is well worth it. :yay:yay

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Outlaws Meatloaf is in the oven :clap it is too late for him to be able to eat some today, he actually ate pretty well for dinner anyhow :) I will post pictures once it isnt all gooey and raw :puke I used the food processor to mix it all up and used some frozen chicken breast strips, I didn't have kelp powder so I used wheat germ :dunno it goes in treat recipes.... I also added apple to the processor since he seems to like the flavor so much.

He has been hanging out in the livingroom all day :beatheart

DSCN0451.jpg

Edited by TheUnrulyHound

Guest PhillyPups

OMG Holly, seeing Outlaw lying there he looks so much like my Stepper the keyboard got all wet.

Nutritional Yeast helped Stepper put some meat back on him. :hope everything works for handsome Outlaw. :hope

The meatloaf looks good, :goodluck Outlaw apreciates your home cooking.

Guest MorganKonaAlex
Thankyou so much Claudia But thanks to a generous memeber of GT, there is some on the way to me

Sorry Claudia, it was me. :lol I'm sending the bottle I bought for Morgan.

Guest KyGrey

That's such a sweet pic of Outlaw. Hope he sees more and more improvement every day. I know I keep saying the same thing but I keep hoping the same thing for him.

:bighug to that little sweetheart.

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Sorry Claudia, it was me. :lol I'm sending the bottle I bought for Morgan.

Thankyou again Kris :beatheart