You Had Me At Halo

Guest Heehoo

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep coming back to this thread, and just can't find the right words. I am so sorry you lost Halo just when it seemed everything was going so well and the outlook was so promising. It seems he was meant to find you for his last weeks here on earth, to bask in your love and care for him before joining the angels. Very hard on you, the best possible gift for him. My heart goes out to you. :f_white

A Dog's Plea

Treat me kindly my beloved friend, for no heart in all

the world is more grateful for the kindness than the loving heart of me.

Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I should lick your hand

between blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach

me the things you would have me learn

Speak to me often, for your voice is the world's sweetest music, as you

must know by the fierce wagging of my tail when your footstep falls upon

my waiting ear

Please take me inside when it is cold and when it is wet, for I am a domesticated

animal, no longer accustomed to bitter element. I ask no greater glory than the privlage of sittin at your feet beside the hearth.

Keep my pan filled with fresh water for I can not tell you when I suffer thirst. Feed me clean food that I may stay well to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk

by your side and stand ready, willing, and able to protect you with my life

should your life be in danger.

And my friend, when I am very old and I no longer enjoy good health, hearing and sight, do not make heroic efforts to keep me going. I am not having any fun.

Please see that my trusting life is taken gently. I shall leave this earth knowing

with the last breath I draw, that my fate was always safest in your hands.

author unknown

I love you my brother,

LLenny

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I am so sorry that Halo's time with you wasn't longer but from your description of his transformation after joining your houndhold, it may be that he needed your special touch before going on. He needed affirmation of his being. He needed the company of other hounds in a loving home. He needed to feel secure in the safety of a firm but loving pack leader. He needed to remember the warmth of a loving touch in a safe, secure environment. He needed to trust. You gave him that and he blossomed before your eyes. Bless you forever and a day. I pray that your memories will help heal your heart.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Im sorry this sweet boy had such a short time with you but I know they were the best times of his life

Exactly. Oh, Hilda, I was so sorry to see this post.

Sending prayers. Rest in peace, sweet Halo.

:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest LoveMyJoseyBean

I am so sorry to be reading this Hilda. I like the thinking that his new life was a preview to heaven. He knew he was loved very much.

Run fast, play hard, and sleep good, Halo.

my fate was always safest in your hands.

His life with Hilda, exactly.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh, no! We just got back from Grapehounds, and I was dismayed to see Halo's name here. It doesn't seem fair that you had such a short time together, but I know how safe and happy he was these last few months. It's hard to find words for this kind of sadness, but Claudia's beautiful post totally expressed what I would be fumbling to say. Bless you for opening your heart to Halo.

Hilda, I'm so sorry you lost your precious boy.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

So sorry to see this! I know you did the right thing for him and I'm sure the two months he had in your home were wonderful. :grouphug

Robin - Cordova (Memphis), TN

Argus (BB's Turbo) #86152 Oswald Cobblepot X Hilary Pride

Butler (GoodOleBoyRoy) #92232 Castor Troy X Princess Josie

Bridge Angel Callie (Tom S Macaroon) #87886 Black Streaker X Tom S Megan, April 15, 2000 - November 3, 2012

:grouphug I am so sorry....I have said it before but it bears repeating...dogs don't measure their lives in quantity, only in quality...and I am certain that those two months were jam packed full of love. Have a safe journey Halo

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT