Marx Needs Prayers

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok here are the results after talking to Marx's vet.

Pathology: Cutaneous Hemangiosarcoma.

If he's gonna have it this is the best one to have. She said she got it all and that no other treatment is neccessary. I was so terrified he had Subcutaneous hemangiomasarcoma but that is not the case. Marx does have a few other lesions that I have to keep watch on and there will be no more prolong sun baths for him (not that I let him in the past).

When I spoke to Diane yesterday Dr. Couto was on standby to jump in and read slides and assist in anyway he could. What a wonderful man. Then there is Diane......what can I say I haven't already said about this amazing lady. Thank you Diane you know I adore you!

As for my GT friends thank you, thank you, thank you for all the prayers and well wishes. I think everyting is hitting me as I type this and it's difficult to type through the tears. I very thankful to everyone.

So my sweet hunky boy, looks like things are ok sweetie, mommy and daddy love you more than you'll ever know :blush

Praying for all the missing greys!

My whippet has/had that and underwent the surgery (twice, not good margins the first time) about 9 months before we got him. We have had him for almost 1.5 years since then and no recurrence. Paws crossed that all will be well! My vet explained that if he "had" to have cancer, he got the "best" type!

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

OMG what a RELIEF!!!!! :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay I am soooo pleased.

:bighug:banana

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest IrskasMom

Karen ,this is some great News and a relief . This Boy will be allright. Have a great Weekend and Relax. Hugs for Marx and

Mom :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:dogcookie

Guest pleasantsarg

I am so sorry this is happening! I mean I will be praying for you guys. If it helps, Bobby has been cancer free for over a 1.5 years. I'll be praying for Marx.

Great news, Karen! Now, is that the same thing as hemangiopericytoma? That's what Rascal's got....they also said it was one of the "better" ones to get.

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

Annnnnd....exhale. I've been holding my breath getting to your update post. What a relief to hear good news!

What's his surgical site like? Hope it heals quickly!

Hugs to you and Marx, who has the most adorable face on GT :wub:

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Karen, I'm so glad to hear the news - I only just came across this thread today, and my stomach was in knots until I read your update about the path report. What a relief :grouphug :grouphug :hope

Mom to Daisy (1999-2012), LB (aka Little Bit), and Sammy James (aka Sammy or Buddy)

Guest Energy11
ok here are the results after talking to Marx's vet.

Pathology: Cutaneous Hemangiosarcoma.

If he's gonna have it this is the best one to have. She said she got it all and that no other treatment is neccessary. I was so terrified he had Subcutaneous hemangiomasarcoma but that is not the case. Marx does have a few other lesions that I have to keep watch on and there will be no more prolong sun baths for him (not that I let him in the past).

When I spoke to Diane yesterday Dr. Couto was on standby to jump in and read slides and assist in anyway he could. What a wonderful man. Then there is Diane......what can I say I haven't already said about this amazing lady. Thank you Diane you know I adore you!

As for my GT friends thank you, thank you, thank you for all the prayers and well wishes. I think everyting is hitting me as I type this and it's difficult to type through the tears. I very thankful to everyone.

So my sweet hunky boy, looks like things are ok sweetie, mommy and daddy love you more than you'll ever know :blush

WE love you too!!!!!! Yes, Dr. Couto and Team are "Greyhound Gods," as was mentioned at their Mt. Hounds Seminar Glad to hear it wasn't as bad as previously thought! Love ya! Dee and The Five

Great news, Karen! Now, is that the same thing as hemangiopericytoma? That's what Rascal's got....they also said it was one of the "better" ones to get.

I don't know if they're the same thing, but that's what my Shadow had removed last year. Even though the pathology report showed not completely clean margins (it was up against his kneecap on one side) it's been a year and 4 months and no recurrence so far.

So glad to hear the great report on Marx! :colgate

Jenn, missing Shadow (Wickford Big Tom), Pretty Girl (C's Pretty) and Tori (Santoria)