Marx Needs Prayers

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

glad to hear the good news!!! :yay :yay

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest PhillyPups

How did I miss this? My thoughts and prayers are with you and Marx - good job on clean margins and prayers for no recurrence :hooe

Marx is continuing to do fine. Still wearing his muzzle with stool guard, guess the stitches are bothering him, he has been trying to get to the incision a lot more, he goes back on the 22nd to have the stitches removed and for post op check up. I'll have the vet look at his other spots and we'll discuss her diagram she drew of other lesions while under for surgery.

Thanks for thinking of him everyone.

Praying for all the missing greys!

Check with your vet first, but, I've had good success with giving dogs 2 benedryl tabs every 4-6 hours when they're healing from surgeries and the stitches start to itch. Takes the itchiness away so they won't bug it so much :)

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Karen, just seeing the great news now. What a relief. I hope he continues to heal well. The Benadryl sounds like a good idea if it won't interfere with other meds, have never thought of it before.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."