Loca Update

You have both been through so much. Like a rollercoaster. I wish I had the magic bullet to make it right.

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is she still on any meds?

How has her bloodwork been?

New urinalysis yet?

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Sending positive thoughts.

Lexi the pointeresque mutt (1999), Homer the chi mix (2010) and Lacey the ? (2009). Always remembering Dita, Best, Oba, Bubba, and the others at the bridge.

:goodluck:bighug:bighug

Robin - other than a UTI do they think they know what is wrong with her? Seems like a long time she's not been well. IMO I'd be getting a second opinion.

Liz

it's not the uti that's worrying me as much as the bacterial infection. i asked to have the culture repeated yesterday but he didn't think it was necessary. i'm going to insist, along with having the urinalysis repeated, which he also didn't think was necessary. i would think that since it is such a hard infection to treat that they would want to monitor it.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

:goodluck:bighug:bighug

Robin - other than a UTI do they think they know what is wrong with her? Seems like a long time she's not been well. IMO I'd be getting a second opinion.

Liz

it's not the uti that's worrying me as much as the bacterial infection. i asked to have the culture repeated yesterday but he didn't think it was necessary. i'm going to insist, along with having the urinalysis repeated, which he also didn't think was necessary. i would think that since it is such a hard infection to treat that they would want to monitor it.

My prayers are with you Robin. Call if you need anything at all. I'm 15 mins. away.

Hugs

Liz

My prayers are with you Robin. Call if you need anything at all. I'm 15 mins. away.

Hugs

Liz

thanks. Tina is going to the vet with me tonight. she's much more assertive than i am :).

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest multiplicity

Adrian is usually pretty good...perhaps if you or Tina out right request it it will get done...there certainly is no harm in doing additional blood work.

:grouphug

Guest gnevins

Hang in there Robin!!! I'm glad Tina is going with you! Please give us an update when you get home!!

Hugs for Loca :bighug

Please let me know if I can do anything!!!!!

Robin, next time you take Loca for a laser treatment, have them laser you for a moment - I did that as I was curious - it really doesn't hurt at all, unless in the process they manipulated her in a way that resulted in pain. In any event, I hope Loca is feeling better soon.

Guest D_MansMommy

Yikes Robin, I'm just reading this (haven't had time to be on gt). Give precious Loca a kiss from me :wub: And you, have a drink on me :cheers

Guest gnevins

That's GREYT news Robin : :yay confetti

Starbucks had A LOT of gas when he had the bacterial infection. His tummy was gurgling constantly.

Give Loca a BIG hug and kiss!!!! :clap:grouphug

Robin, next time you take Loca for a laser treatment, have them laser you for a moment - I did that as I was curious - it really doesn't hurt at all, unless in the process they manipulated her in a way that resulted in pain. In any event, I hope Loca is feeling better soon.

Michele said that the laser itself doesn't cause pain, it's the use of muscles that haven't been used for a while after the laser is completed.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg