Loca Update

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest KyGrey

That's good news if I ever heard it. Get the table ready for little girlfriend. She'll be dancing again in no time.

:bighug to you and Loca

Guest PhillyPups

Oh Robin

:bighug. To you.

I so know the roller coaster you are on emotionally. You and Loce are in my prayers and thoughts. :hope

Some good news! Now that she's been checked over head to toes lets hope she starts feeling a lot better!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest TinasTroops

LOL Assertive to a fault I think.

My prayers are with you Robin. Call if you need anything at all. I'm 15 mins. away.

Hugs

Liz

thanks. Tina is going to the vet with me tonight. she's much more assertive than i am :).

Guest vahoundlover
Some good news! Now that she's been checked over head to toes lets hope she starts feeling a lot better!

I'll 2nd that!!

Yay Loca!

Don't worry Robin, she'll be around for another 10 years yet :P

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Guest trevdog

sounds promising....hoping the gas goes away too, it's no fun being uncomfortable from that either. The times Dallas has had it she's been miserable,,,,,

Oh, I lost my breath for a moment! Whew!

Yes, how is the lovely Miss Loca this evening?

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

the vet told me that today would be even worse than yesterday and she was right. she fell down my outside steps and landed on her back on the lowest step. it was awful. i helped her up and took her for a brief walk. i carried her up the outside steps into the house, which wasn't easy. my dog walker said that she "collapsed" during her noon walk and that a guy who works for the cable company carried her home and into the house. she is very uncomfortable and is spending her time sprawled out over a few dog beds. i've managed to get her to eat a few tripe biscuits (:puke) which is better than nothing. this sucks but it's exactly what the vet told me would happen. i hate to see her like this.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Oh dear. Even being "prepared" can't help you when you see your dog fall. I hurt for Loca and for you.

I sure hope she starts to feel better soon.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Sending hugs to you and gentle scritchies to the Divine Ms. L.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest TinasTroops

Robin I was given this link some time ago when a local greyhound owners dog became a Tripod. I also saw it on the greyhound at the GRA dinner. I was super impressed with it's light weight and the fact it does not hinder any movement for the pups.

This may be something that can benifit Loca and you becuase of your bad sholder but still needing to help Loca, http://www.ruffwear.com/Web-Master-Harness

Look at this they even have a store in Waterloo that should sell them, <a href="http://advguide.com/index.php" target="_blank">

http://advguide.com/index.php</a>

Hey now even a greyhound on there :lolhttp://www.ruffwear.com/about_us/Our-Ruff-Wear-Pack

thanks, Tina. i'll drop by adventure guide tomorrow :)

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

We ordered a webmaster harness for our whippet; never got a chance to use it with him but I tried it on Zema and was impressed.

Hope you can muddle thru until she is off the pain patch and moving a bit better on her own.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Yes, how is the Divine Miss L this am? Just a teensi-weensie bit better??? :hope:hope:hope

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead