Loca Update

Thank goodness they finally have her pain controlled. Now to find the problem and fix it.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if a 13.5 year old dog has a slipped disc in her neck, it is possible to keep her comfortable or to give her a good quality of life with non-surgical management? surgery is definitely out of the question.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

If I were at home I would have you over for supper tonight...so you could be close to Loca and you could get a free meal! :)

Hope you and Loca hear nothing but good news today...

think it's finally time to change vets? :lol

Yep!! I'll be going vet shopping too - this is just too much! FYI, I believe Rose was happy with her experience in New Hamburg...Glad Guelph has her pain under control, hope this is all manageable! And, anytime you need to bounce (ideas, yourself, whatever!), just call... :grouphug

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

Guest twofinegreys
:candle:( Oh boy oh boy...healthful and relaxing thoughts to all the two and four leggers in your casa!

I'm undecided about whether I should just let her go. She's back in the ICU for pain management. Xrays are scheduled for 3. Will she ever have a quality life?

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I'm undecided about whether I should just let her go. She's back in the ICU for pain management. Xrays are scheduled for 3. Will she ever have a quality life?

I'm so sorry all of this has happened to you both.

Only you know how much she (and your personal situation) can bear, but at the least, I would give her the opportunity to try to recover, now that she has competent vets around her. :grouphug

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

Oh Robin, I hope it isn't time for her yet! I would go in and have a talk with her. If she is ready, she will let you know. Sugar fought hard with all her problems for 9 months, but when she was done, it was clear. I waited a week to be sure (but she wasn't in pain), then let her go. Loca will tell you. :bighug

Aw crap. :(

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)