Normally Wouldn't Ask

Guest BlackandBrindle

Guest BlackandBrindle

Tomorrow we test Sadie's valley fever titers again.

She's been on meds for close to a year (which is the normal average for treatment the first go round) and I want her titer to be significantly reduced so we can take her off these stupid meds or at least significantly lower her dosage.

She has been throwing up bile (lots of it :( ) and won't eat her breakfast this week.

She has to have food in order to take the meds, or she just vomits them up. This morning I ended up making her peanut butter sandwich because she wouldn't eat her turkey backs.

So if everyone could think good low/non-existent titer for my baby girl I'd appreciate it. I think at the very least we'll have to change meds if this doesn't stop...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man Mary Jo - Hope you can catch a break! Good luck to Sadie.

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Guest BlackandBrindle

I will. Unfortunately it's a 'sending Roy to the vet' visit so I'm writing out my concerns in a letter and having the vet call me back. We won't get results back until Friday though...

Guest Energy11

MANY good thoughts and prayers coming your way from here in the North Georgia Mountains, surely "God's Country!"

Love, Dee and The Five :wub::grouphug:bighug

:goodluck

Chanting "low titer low titer".

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest Spencers_Greyt

I'll be praying for significantly lower titers for Sadie and that her tummy starts feeling better!

Sending good and healing thoughts from PA.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

I hope her titres are way low Mary Jo.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Poor baby! Time to end the roller-coaster ride!!! Her titer dropped in half last time. It will do it again! There is also Itraconazole if she keeps getting sick on the Fluconazole. It is suppose to have less stomach issues IIRC. Some doctors say this is the better medication. We tried it with no luck...but I expect nothing less out of Shanti. :rolleyes:

We are on the same timing. ;) I will keep my fingers crossed for Miss Sadie Bug too!

The Girls