Prayers For Maggie

Guest Spencers_Greyt
Hi Everyone

We just heard back from the Dr and YAHOO, no surgery! She has severe inflammation and a degeneration of a disc but 4 weeks of crate rest should do the trick. She will need to be monitored constantly and only come out to eat, pee and poop. After that they expect a 95% recovery. She may be a little clumsy but that should not be a big problem.

Thanks again to all of you for your positive thoughts and prayers. We appreciate them all!!

Wonderful news! I'm so happy for her!

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an amazing story. One of my greytest fears when my dogs are out and about and running around like a banchees.

I am so happy for all that Maggie is on the mend. Thank GOD.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Hi Everyone

Maggie is finally home! :yay She is resting comfortably in her favorite doggie bed. She is completely zonked due to the codeine and Gabapentin. We did get her up to walk out in the yard a bit. Her right side was affected more than her left. She also has vasculitis in her right front leg but it looks a lot better already. She is still knuckling under with both legs and has to be supported. They gave us a sling but I took vahoundlover's advice and ordered a harness from Carol. It's already on it's way.

We have a long road ahead of meds, warm compresses, passive exercises and several walkies a day to keep down the edema. After that, a slow journey back to normal activity. But it will be worth it to see her back to her old bossy self. Hopefully, that will happen in around 8 weeks! I'll check back in and let everyone know how she is progressing each week.

Thank you all again for all of your well wishes!!! The Greyhound community is wonderful :grouphug

Bella(Bella Zinfandel), Jasper(GLS Run On In)

Bridge Babies: Maggie (So To Speak), Ashlyn (Highwind Tornado), Mick (Rapid Recoil), Tiger(Charge It Up)
CT Greyhound Adoption/GPA

That is the BEST news! Sending hugs, prayers and healing white light for a quick recovery!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest vahoundlover

:yay:yay Music to my ears....home...

Have you given any thought to acupuncture? Not all dogs respond to it but if Maggie does, it could make a world of difference.

I was going to suggest acupuncture too! It helped Cody a LOT!! If you can find someone in your area, maybe they'd come to your house??

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Wonderful to hear Maggie is home and on the road to recovery. How scary for everyone and I'm another who worries about a collision in the yard.

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

How is Miss Maggie doing today?

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Maggie has been getting a little better each day. However, in the midst of all this, my brother got married yesterday in my home state of CT. I had to entrust Maggie's care to a petsitter. She did a great job but I think the excitement might have been too much. Today her body has been trembling a lot. I have not had to give her the codeine in 3 days but I gave her one today so she will be zonked and not move. Hopefully, we have not taken a step backward.

Several people have mentioned acupuncture. I guess I really should look into it. Anything that will help her recover. I think there is someone in our area we could go to.

Fortunately, I have an understanding boss who is allowing me to work from home all week. I feel much better that I will be able to take care of her round the clock and not have to hire someone. There's no care like Mama's care...

Will send another update at the end of the week. Thanks everyone.

Edited by DawnP

Bella(Bella Zinfandel), Jasper(GLS Run On In)

Bridge Babies: Maggie (So To Speak), Ashlyn (Highwind Tornado), Mick (Rapid Recoil), Tiger(Charge It Up)
CT Greyhound Adoption/GPA

So glad to hear that Maggie is home. She will love spending the week with her Mom.

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

Being home with Mom is the BEST medicine; can't put a price on Momma's love! Hope you see much improvement in the coming week! Prayers for Maggie's recovery! :candle

Guest HoustonGreys

I just saw this today (I'm so far behind with GT) but I was so thankful that Maggie's doing so well! I'm still sending prayers, good thoughts and hugs to Maggie and you! :hope:candle:grouphug Can't have too many of any of those!