Prayers For Maggie

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No update this morning. :( Dawn said she'd call as soon as they knew anything.

I have a feeling she's in having the MRI. We may know more after that.

I'll keep you posted. My cell is on my at all times!!

With Buster Bloof (UCME Razorback 89B-51359) and Gingersnap Ginny (92D-59450). Missing Pepper, Berkeley, Ivy, Princess and Bauer at the bridge.

Hi Everyone

Thanks so much for all of your thoughts and prayers for Maggie. As I write, we are waiting to hear from the Dr. on the results of the MRI. As of this morning, her movement was the same as last night. She can stand and walk but only with support. Their thoughts are it's either a slipped disc or a spinal fracture. If it's a fracture, she will need surgery immediately.

Please keep her in your prayers and I will send updates as I have something new to tell.

Dawn

Bella(Bella Zinfandel), Jasper(GLS Run On In)

Bridge Babies: Maggie (So To Speak), Ashlyn (Highwind Tornado), Mick (Rapid Recoil), Tiger(Charge It Up)
CT Greyhound Adoption/GPA

Maggie will be in our prayers. My inlaws dog was paralyzed 2 weeks ago. I know they were told improvements tend to happen within 6 weeks. Please let us know what the MRI says. We will keep our fingers crossed that it is just trauma swelling causing the issues.

The Girls

Hi Everyone

We just heard back from the Dr and YAHOO, no surgery! She has severe inflammation and a degeneration of a disc but 4 weeks of crate rest should do the trick. She will need to be monitored constantly and only come out to eat, pee and poop. After that they expect a 95% recovery. She may be a little clumsy but that should not be a big problem.

Thanks again to all of you for your positive thoughts and prayers. We appreciate them all!!

Bella(Bella Zinfandel), Jasper(GLS Run On In)

Bridge Babies: Maggie (So To Speak), Ashlyn (Highwind Tornado), Mick (Rapid Recoil), Tiger(Charge It Up)
CT Greyhound Adoption/GPA

Sending tons of prayers for Maggie from PA.

Ooh, I posted before I read the above. Greyt news for Maggie and for you!! So happy for you all.

Edited by maryz

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson