Beau & Polli Back From Vet

RobinM

Polli had a greyt day yesterday and today she was barely able to stand. In fact, there was a short time today when she couldn't. Scared the bejesus out of us.

We called to take her in as she has not been in since her last chemo over 6 weeks ago.

It's LS. Just what a tripod needs. :( She got a shot (cord) we are to restart the deramaxx monday and tramadol today.

Please continue your prayers for this sweet brave girl. We are going to start acupunture Monday morning.

Beau is up to 56.8 pounds. We are thrilled about this.

When he gets to 60, we may be able to drop back his pred to every other day.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Ah, crap. Poor Polli. I hope the drugs and acupuncture make her feel better soon.

Great news about Beau. :goodluck for continued weight gain. :)

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Continued prayers for both of your babies. :hope:heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest GreytMuse

Many prayers for Miss Polli and that her treatments work wonderfully. :grouphug

Excellent news about Beau's weight gain! He is so lucky to have such patient, loving parents to see him through this awful time. Continued prayers for that sweet boy to gain to where he needs to be! :)

When does it end? It is always something in your house. You guys deserve a break, that's for sure. I hope the pups are better soon.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Very good news about Beau, Robin :yay

But :ohno:( poor Polli! How is she doing after getting the shot? You and Rich really need some good luck, you've been through so much lately. PLease know that you're in my thoughts.

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Oh no Robin... I am so sorry to hear this about Polli!!!!!

As I've mentioned before, she is my favorite GT crush, so you can be sure I'm praying for her big time!!! :hope:hope:hope

Geesh Robin I am sorry to hear about Polli. I hope the injection helps your beautiful girl. That is great news about Beau continuing to gain weight!

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

Ah poo for Polli :( But - that girl is a fighter and this is yet another battle she will fight and win through :grouphug

Great news about Beau and his uppy weight :)

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest PiagetsMom
Anything about the lump on polli?

I was wondering about that, too.

I'll continue to think good thoughts for Polli and hope that her treatment will work for her. It's good news that Beau's continuing to put on weight! :yay

Anything about the lump on polli?

I was wondering about that, too.

The vet had NO idea of what the lump was. She said, it did in fact, feel like a tight muscle. She asked if we wanted to do x-rays since we were there. Since there was nothing we could do but what we are already doing, I said no. No point. Nothing would be different.

She does not think this is cancer related. Her weight is wonderful at 55 pounds. She has no muscle wasting and other than the rear end weakness, she looks wonderful.

So we just don't know.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Good and not so good. Well I'm very happy about Beau - good job; very sad about Polli - hope the shot, acupuncture, meds help sweet Miss Polli. Keeping our paws crossed.

Guest greytexplorer

Poor Polli, can't this gyrlie catch a break for cryin' out loud????

Good on you, Beau, keep it up!

hugs to all,

~Pat

Guest Pipi5

Robin, I'm going to double the prayers for you for strength. Bless your heart...:beatheart

You take care of YOU also so these pups don't worry about you.