To My Beautiful Boy Tanner

Guest bigorangedog

Guest bigorangedog

To my beautiful boy....

I love you so much. Thank you for being part of our family. I’m so sorry that you lost your first family, but so grateful that you came to be part of ours. I am grateful for every minute of every day I spent with you. You are my heart and soul. You are my sunshine. Just looking at your face could always make me smile.

Thank you for being such a sweet and gentle boy, always. Thank you for trusting me. You were with me when we lost our girls. I don’t know how I would have gotten through it without you. Thank you for the silly face you made when we tickled your cheeks. Thank you for your air snaps. Thank you for the way you eviscerated toys, like you just couldn’t rest until every bit of stuffing was out. You haven’t done that in so long. I miss it. I wish you still could. Thank you for the little dance you always did out in the yard. Even when you were hurting so much, you still tried to do your dance and it made me happy to see you.

Thank you for putting up with your 7 siblings, those little hooligans. You never said a mean word to anyone except in defense of me. Thank you for telling them “Get away from MY mommy,” in your hoarse, throaty woof. Thank you for adding your voice to the pack roos. Thank you for putting up with your brother Crisco, even when he was crabby with you. For sharing your birthdays with him, and all of your treats. He loved you so much, just like I did. Who will share his turkey sandwich now? Who will be his Dairy Queen buddy? Thank you for being his Bookend. Half our hearts are gone.

Thank you for gamely following us to greyhound festivals in Delaware, Pennsylvania, Iowa and Kansas. Thank you for working so hard at the MNGR events. Do you know how many greyhounds you saved in your life? At least 50 dogs in Minnesota, and countless more in Georgia, have homes because of you. People came to the events and saw you, and said, “Oh, he’s so sweet! Oh, he’s so gentle! Oh, he’s so beautiful!” And they were right. They would ask, “Are they all like that?” and we would say yes, but we knew the secret: There are no others even half as perfect as you.

The people let their kids climb all over you, and you let them, even at 13 years old. It hurts me that Sunny will never know you. She would have loved you. You would have loved her too. We sent photos of you to her in China. I really wanted her to know you. I’ll tell her how wonderful you were, though, and she’ll know how special you were.

Baby boy, I would have done anything in the wide world for you. Anything. I am so sorry that I couldn’t make you well again. I’m sorry you hurt. You were such a brave and strong boy. You tried so hard. And I wanted so badly to fix you. I wanted to be able to pick you up and put you in my pocket and carry you close to my heart. But I couldn’t carry you, and you couldn’t walk anymore. I couldn’t let you be in pain. I’m sorry, buddy.

I hope you always knew how much I loved you, and never doubted it. Never thought that I would leave you. I always told you I would be with you forever. You’re in my heart forever. My Tanner, my Fuzzy Buzzy Bee, my Little Butter Pat, my Fuzz Buns, my Doodlebug, my Foofy, my Tan Man. My sweet, sweet precious baby boy. I miss you. I love you.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a lovely tribute to your wonderful Tanner. :grouphug

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Pain is the price we pay for love. Thank you for giving this gentle boy a loving home and for knowing when its time to let go. Another bright star in the night sky.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

:f_red:gh_run:f_red

What a beautiful tribute... I am so very sorry.. My heart goes out to you and just know we are all here day and night for the support...... Godspeed sweet gentle boy.. Send mommy a sign from over that rainbow...

I'm so sorry it was Tanner's time to go. He was a lucky boy to have had such a wonderful home. Godspeed Tanner! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Oh, Jen, I'm crying for you and for Tanner and for the family, hound and human, who will miss him so. Your love for him shines through in every word, and it's clear that this dog was your heart and soul. He was so beautiful, wasn't he, inside and out. And it goes without saying that he had the best home in the world.

You know, I'm going to send your wonderful card "When dogs fly" to someone as a sympathy card. Of course, I can't send it to YOU, but it sure makes me think of Tanner, looking down on you, always watching over you. He'll send you a sign that he is safe and in no more pain, because you gave him that last, most loving and unselfish gift.

I'm so, so sorry that you lost your precious boy.

Hugs to you and Lloyd. I miss you.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

:f_red I was so so sorry to read about Tanner. He fought so hard with dignity and grace. There must be a very special job that he was needed for.

You can bet he knew how much you loved him, I knew it with every one of your posts about him.

Tanner, God speed brave boy, you now run in the company of the Angels, pain free. Please continue to watch over your mom and those who love you.

And if you can, please meet my Tanner and tell him I miss him.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

:weepsadhugsmiley.gifsadhugsmiley.gifsadhugsmiley.gif

What a beautiful, beautful tribute. I'm so very sorry. :cry1:brokenheart

:gh_run2

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day.